Presidential Election.

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

My new Bush/Cheney 04 yardsign only lasted 2 days…… Grew legs and walked off.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Maybe it was that black helicopter thats been taking pics of your house!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My neighbor is a democrat voter, I don’t recall his reasons, but I’m looking for a Bush/Cheney sign to put in his yard late one night. Any suggestions where to get one, without having to steal it.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

As a younger juvenile, we used to take signs from all over and put them in a friends yard….It was funny when they woke up to have 30-40 signs in their yard….kind of the same as TP’ing their house…but cleaner

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

You must be the guy that keeps putting a for sale sign in my yard! Always seems to land in front of my Bush/Cheney sign too.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

My neighbor is a democrat voter, I don’t recall his reasons, but I’m looking for a Bush/Cheney sign to put in his yard late one night. Any suggestions where to get one, without having to steal it.

Bush Store On-Line

Lucky I bought 2. May need to re-order here soon – lol Took about a week to get the signs.

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Had little sign like this one…..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

May need to upgrade…..

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I suggest taking it in at night. It is tough living in St Paul, the land of the fruits and nuts.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Since I haven’t opened my big mouth on this one yet I will share something a friend just recently shared with me:

THIS IS A REAL STORY

The Lord has a way of revealing those of us who really know him, and those
    that don’t! Think about it!

Kerry gave a big speech last week about how his faith is so “important” to him. In this attempt to convince the American people that we should consider him for president, he announced that his favorite Bible verse is
    John 16:3.

Of course the speech writer meant John 3:16, but nobody in the Kerry camp was familiar enough with scripture to catch the error. And do you know what John 16:3 says? “They will do such things because they have not known the
    Father or me.” The Spirit works in strange ways.

Something to really think about.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Since I haven’t opened my big mouth on this one yet I will share something a friend just recently shared with me:

THIS IS A REAL STORY

The Lord has a way of revealing those of us who really know him, and those
    that don’t! Think about it!

Kerry gave a big speech last week about how his faith is so “important” to him. In this attempt to convince the American people that we should consider him for president, he announced that his favorite Bible verse is
    John 16:3.

Of course the speech writer meant John 3:16, but nobody in the Kerry camp was familiar enough with scripture to catch the error. And do you know what John 16:3 says? “They will do such things because they have not known the
    Father or me.” The Spirit works in strange ways.

Something to really think about.

That’s funny Bill! Funny, in an inspiring way. We can cry coincidence all day long but absolute sovereignty knows no such thing.

I’ve been offline for the last 3 days and about fell over when I saw how far this thread has grown! Lots of laughable stuff in here, yet very informative and educational.

That “Gianni for President” stuff was killing me, but in a respectfully humoring fashion! Can you imagine a world in John’s care? It would definitely be the end of the world as we know it…….. but I think I’d be pretty okay with it! I think we’d have a country intrigued and inspired to catch every press conference or national address he gave…….. just for the sheer curiosity, at the very least, to hear what he’s going to come up with and say next!

Who knows…….. maybe he’d actually wear the blue dress! ………… “We all know” you can’t get into office unless there’s something shady somewhere!

Again…… I’ve enjoyed this thread! Good job everyone!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Bill, I wonder if the chapter and verse where not transposed intentionally? You know that Kerry will have to waffle on this subject like he does every other, that way when he does his turn about, he will actually have the verse someone had in mind! Was it John 3:16, John 6:13, John 13:6, John 31:6? Hey, maybe it was 31:6 that he meant, so he could put it in his own words! Maybe he has a “plan” to expand the book of John . Just another indication of the type of wonderful leader he would be.
    “I actually voted for the funding, before I voted against it”, ” I was in Cambodia, well, almost in Cambodia”, ” I fully support the Catholic church, well, except for the part about killing babies”, “I did not have sex with that woman”, “I smoked marijuana, but I did not inhale”, etc. etc. etc.
    It must be a requirment of the Democratic national convention that any candidate they select for president have NO character, committment, or moral fiber. They would have us believe that such people are best qualified to run the country and put the message out to the rest of the world that we in America hold honesty and integrity so very low on our list of priorities! Makes me smokin’
    I guess they learned a lesson from Jimmy Carter, that honesty and integrity paired with ineptitude and faulty democratic principal is a recipe for disaster!
    I’ll live with GW for four more, thanks!
    John

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

That didn’t sound like Kerry knew the difference-meaning that things of the Lord or the Bible don’t mean alot to him. I don’t want a President like that. I’m not saying I agree with everything Bush does but at least his heart is in the right place. The thing that scares me about Bush is the war because of my youngest son Nate. That really scares me and keeps me on my knees.

Thanks, Bill

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Bill what your friend told you was simply a lie. Check it out on snopes.com and you will discover the truth.

There are so many fabrications put out by the right wing that it keeps snopes and sites like it pretty busy.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Actually it was Al Gore that said that – I remember it well.
    PTC, you make it sound like the left wing has the corner on the truth, but I think that is not the truth. There are people on both sides of the political fence that stretch the truth on a daily basis.

Mike

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

HOF, check that one out on snopes.com, it was first used as a smear agains Al Gore, but Al never said it.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Sorry, I saw Al Gore say it. I guess not everything you read on the internet is true!

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

HOF, I’d be interested in hearing the time and place where he said it. If you do a google search on “Al Gore John 16:3” You’ll find numerous sources stating that this is a FALSE rumor. To be fair the same false rumor has also been spread about George W. Bush.

The irony is that apparently Bush 41 did make this exact statment in 1990 while speaking at a religious broadcasters conference.

hof
    Rochester, MN

I don’t remember specifics from 4 years ago, but I saw a tape of it. The point I am trying to make is that there is a lot of mis-information spread from a lot of different sources, not the least of which is the media. Take the movie Fahrenheit 9/11 – lots of lies in that one.

Mike

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Did you see Farenheit 9/11?

hof
    Rochester, MN

I did not see anything except clips. I did read reviews from people I trust – which I formed my opinion from.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

That movie was a pile! Talk about taking excerpts out of context and putting them together to purposely make someone look bad! Not to mention it has been proven that some of the information used was fabricated! But…I guess that is what free speech is!

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I already knew the answer when I asked the question.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Did you see the movie? Oh wait, I already know the answer.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

You’re right I saw it. I think folks who spout opinions about movies they’ve never seen are funny.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The John 16:3 story appears to be a hoax. I am unable to find a single firsthand account posted anywhere which can attribute it to Bush, Kerry, Gore, or George HW Bush although there are sites which attempt to attribute it to any and all of them.

F911 is an anti-Bush blog, which is fine if advertised as a blog. Americans knew it was a blog, and treated it as such. The French knew it was an anti-Bush blog, and lavished it with awards as a ‘documentary.’ If you’re after French/lefty film awards, use your digital cam to capture you cursing Bush while you reel in a fish and claim it is art. If you want to win French/lefty art awards, combine pictures of GW with Christian symbols and defacate on it.

Of course, if you seek French praise, you’re beyond any help I can offer.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

It’s sad that after over 200 years as an unwavering ally we have deamonized the french because they choose not to join us in invading Iraq. We tried to sell the war to them the same way it was sold to the American public.

Ties to al Qaeda and WMD. Now that it is evident that no ties ever existed and there are no WMD, a majority of the American public wonders what exactly it is we risked the lives of American soldiers.

I’ve never sought French praise. In fact I’ve never even cared much for their food. I’m Irish and seek pints of Guinness and a quiet spot to fish.

hof
    Rochester, MN

So, you should never believe any movie reviews? Maybe you should never believe any websites that suggest something is a hoax? Maybe should you should not suggest that there is no possibility that Iraq never had WMD, because you would only be relying on someone else’s report?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

The problem is that the french have been very criticizing of America and our ways. They have yet to back us on many occasions, and we continue to bail them out of trouble on a consistent basis, with only them insulting us in return.

This last escapade has just once again proven they are about as courageous as senator kerry……..They try to look good on paper, but when the crap hits the fan……….they run……..

By the way, I have a 1939 french rifle for sale………Never fired and only dropped once!!!!!!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.