Now does this seem fair?? :o)

• Fishbone4
    Norwood, Minnesota

Buckshot and I are heading out to fish this weekend, and due to the fact that he just can’t seem to accept that I’m just plain better at it than him, he’s put up a little wager on the weekend. Seems like a good idea… that way we can once and for all settle this thing. I guess he must be nervous, because these are the rules he set up (and I quote):

“We will have to set some rules though.
    Fish caught separately don’t count….like for example if I were to wake up super early and go without you because I can’t wake you up those fish wouldn’t count. If you are fishing off the dock and I am in the cabin those fish
    wouldn’t count. If it is dark out any fish you catch wouldn’t count because I couldn’t see you actually set the hook….mine on the other hand would count though since I will know when I am setting the hook and actually catching fish versus buying them from a nearby boat as you could be doing from the back under the cover of darkness.
    Also any fish you catch under 10 pounds or over 10 pounds 2 ounces won’t count because we are imposing a 2 ounce slot limit on you so you don’t fish out the lake.
    Also you are restricted to fishing between 12:00(midnight) and 12:10 a.m. to further protect the fish in the lake.
    You are going to be required to fish back handed holding your rod upside down. Any lures you decide to use are going to have the hooks filed blunt versus a sharp point…this will ensure that you learn proper hook setting technique.
    If by some miracle you would happen to catch a fish with all these restrictions it will have to be verfied as a legally caught fish by the United Nations, US Fish and Game and 3 profession fisherman. This all has to happen within the 10 minutes you are allowed to fish or the fish will have to be released and will not be counted.”

I’ll let you all know how it comes out. If I don’t get back to you, it means I won and he threw me in.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

That’s funny.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Ummmm…that isn’t quite exactly what it said.
    It was supposed to be 3 Playmates….not 3 professional fisherman.
    Good luck finding either at the cabin though….you won’t even find 1 pro fisherman.

Fishbone4
    Norwood, Minnesota

Now don’t go getting all sappy on me…. you’re just trying to make me feel bad so I throw the competition.

Help me be strong boys!!

P.S. It did say something about “playmates” and that being solely for his benefit. I was just trying to make it more family board friendly.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You really have to watch him that way. He has a tendency to shed a tear if you outfish him, so I usually let him beat me by a couple fish. It’s just easier that way. Have fun this weekend, sounds like winnie and pokegama are going strong.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.