Bowfishing

• John Luebker

well guys – I found a couple nice areas to do some bowfishing though I know I wont do it very often was thinking about seeing how much it would cost to get a set up. I already have an old compound bow so can I buy a kit Like this and then pick up a few arrows or do I have to get something more expensive Like this?

does anyone have a setup that they care to brag about? or possible one for sale? I am left handed I assume that would make a difference – seems to in everything else

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

If you plan to doe this much, option 2 is definitely the way to go. I’m setup with option one, and it pretty much stinks, but is functional. My buddies are setup with option 2, they love it.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

My uncle turned a spool for me on his wood lathe, attached a piece of metal, and I taped it onto my bow. Cheap and effective at closer ranges (10-15 yards). Haven’t shot in quite a while but I remember half the fun was pulling the fish in hand over hand.
    Btw, I shoot left handed also and it didn’t matter on my bow. Depends on what type of bow you have, I guess.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

John-I have option #1 and it is more than adequate for bowfishing . The other is good too, but I personally don’t care for them. I tell ya what, anytime you want to shoot some fish, let me know, I love to bowfish but haven’t done it in a few years.

John Luebker

Hey Wats, Good to hear from you, it’s been awhile. I am kind of liking option #1 myself. A bit cheaper to get into. I will defintetly let you know when/if I pull the trigger on this.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Although option 2 is sweet, option 1 will work just fine. the only problem is you have to set your bow down to reel the fish in by hand. Depending on were you are, it could be a bit of a hassel (ex. wadding in a river).

My best advice would be DON’T SKIMP ON THE ARROW. The cheap arrows bust if you hit a rock . That is not a good thing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.