Vikes sign Brock Lesnar

• skhartke
    Somerset, WI

According to KSTP.com, the vikings have signed former WWE star Brock Lesnar to a contract!

What do you think I think it would be entertaining to see him chasing down Favre!

GEMEYEGUY

What do you think ?? . . . What do you think ?

I think I’d hate to have him and Jimmy Kleinsasser both comin’ at me at the same time.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I think hes nuts and going to get hurt.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I hope he does well, just because his a local boy. I’m not sure any of us know his personality much because all the “show” wrestling puts on. He use to date my wife’s friend, she says he was a nice guy back then. I asked if that was before or after the roids. She doesn’t think I’m that funny.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

As much show as wrestling puts on, these guys are intelligent and do know a lot of the grecko stuff that honestly, outside of Judo, is about the most dominating form of marshall art on the globe. Combine this with all the slams and high flying antics, and these guys do get hurt and wrestle hurt. Given all the equipment made to protect ball players, I think his body is pretty well adept to punishment he’s going to have to endure. His endurance will need working on and getting reacquainted with legal methods of man-handling your opponent is crucial. If he’s got the heart, he’ll make a great contribution at a nice low expense. He doesn’t appear to be doing this for the money so I hope it all goes well. I think training camp is a little short notice to get back into pro form but if the guy can pull it off, I’d let him play!

nubbinbuck

Vegas just posted odds of 2:1 for Brock bodyslamming a QB this season.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The guy was an unbelievable wrestler for the U of M. He actually knows how to wrestle! He is a great athlete and will do well once he figures out the pace of the game.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Dont forget-Brock was a NCAA Wrestling Champion. He wasnt all show, this guy has some serious talent. Some of the same skills used to dominate an opponent transfer well to the defensive line. He has the size, speed and raw talent to be successful. Now he just needs to learn the team defense part of the game.

As far as steroids, he was a big North Dakota farm boy before he even went to college. I doubt he needed any more roids than throwing around 50 lbs hay bales all day. I could be wrong, but he didnt get big all of a sudden.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

I could be wrong, but he didnt get big all of a sudden.

You’re not wrong. He was an enormous man well before he was in the WWE. I would be willing to bet that we’ll see him play ball in a year or so! Of course he could burn out just as easily… How’s that for making a statement and sticking to it?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I’d like to see him plead his case on a bad call to a referee as if the ref were Mean Gene!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Somehow after reading these posts I got the vision of Mike Tice trying to psyche up Brock like the coach in The Waterboy used to do to Adam Sadler’s character.

It would probably sound something like this.
    “okay, Brock…. I need that ball…….. Go get me that ball. Just think of the guy holding the ball as some jabroni, and you’re gonna piledrive him into next week. Get me that ball!!!!”

On the field, Brock catches the quarterback and spikes him like Captain Insano. Now that’s football.

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

Just a note on the intelligent part Jesse Ventura, was govenor, which we all know, and I met George the Animal Steele, is a math teacher.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Can you imaging being a center lineup up over the ball and you stare across the line at Brock Lesner and Chris Hovan.

Better wear a diaper!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hovan is a chump…….just a wannabe………all talk……

Brock………natural animal—-no drugs………….Hovan was thought to be an animal too……..untill everyone figured out he couldn’t move……….If Brock can’t move……..it will be just another “flash in the pan” like Hovan was…….

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Hovan made himself by taunting Favre….then he got a few tatoos and now he thinks he’s Kyle Turley.

Hovan is nothing…look at his numbers.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Slop, it is hard to post good numbers when your double and triple teamed.

On another note:

KSTP is now reporting that Brett Farve was unable to access his house this morning. Apparently someone painted a goal line on his lawn.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

and Brett spent the morning snorting it????

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Actually I think he was out looking for it in a pill form.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

You rubes still stuck on the Favre/drugs deal? Sheesh… Come up with something different for pete’s sake.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

he may be getting 2x and 3x, but what i’m saying is that he’s done nothing to warrant that respect….

Usually people get 2x or 3x when they are good. He’s never been good. How many sacks has he had the past few years??

A: 2 sacks and 27 tackles on the year (’03) = GARBAGE

Stats

only had 15.5 sacks in the past 3 years

Brett joke was funny…

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Did ya hear the Pack fired their grounds keeper???….Keep finding Moss in the End Zone!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

On a side note….Did you guys see the schedule? What will you be doing on Christmas Eve?

-J.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Now that’s one I hadn’t heard, thanks Jon!!

Isn’t football season great, and it’s only July. My favorite part of November is sitting on the river listening to the vikes.

GO VIKES!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

KSTP is now reporting that Brett Farve was unable to access his house this morning. Apparently someone painted a goal line on his lawn.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time! Thanks for making my day! And yes……… let the rivalry begin, training camp is upon us!

HYBES
    SE MN

Queens need all the help they can get! Imagine starting 6-0 and not making the playoffs.Carter’s cancer rubbed off on Randy and Hovan has proven he’s a putz.Hows that? CHEESSEHEADS RULE

nubbinbuck

I think the only word that is pertinent is ‘potential’. Yes, he had some amazing numbers for the 40, etc. There are a TON of workout warriors out there who have never panned out. For example, who is the guy the Eagles drafted about 5 years ago out of Boston College, based on his workout stats? He has been a complete bust. Football is much more than athleticism. If it weren’t, all the former track stars that have tried to come in as WRs and DBs would have succeeded – and we know the vast majority of them have been busted.

If he does well, all the power to him. However, he isn’t Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders by a long shot.

krisko
    Durand, WI

You have to be kidding me. A guy is going from hardly ever playing football to going PRO???? The world is a fantasy place.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.