Digital Camera for Daughter

• skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Looking to get my daughter a digital camera for her 15th birthday. Wondering what type of camera would be a good choice, and trying to keep it under $150. Any ideas about brands and places to buy would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Jira

I would check this unit out…

Cannon Powershot A310

Here’s some features:

3 Megapixel
      Bright LCD Screen
      Light and small
      Less than $150
      Panoramic shots

The other thing I would recommend is a larger CompactFlash card… most cameras will only come with a 16M card… get a 128 or larger.

Cheap CompactFlash cards can be purchased here…

BUY.com

Hope that helps!!

JJ

g38
    South metro

KODAK makes a pretty good, easy to use camera, very close to your price range.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Fuji A205 would be a good choice. I’ve got the discontinued A200 and love it.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Gosh I thought there was one out there now that was water resistant (not waterproof), I don’t know what it goes for, but durability would be the biggest key for me buying a camera for a kid. National Camera was by far the best place to buy a camera, they had the same prices, and they actually knew everything about them, unlike EVERYWHERE else, even ritz sucked, best buy sucked, circuit city sucked, computer city sucked, ultimate electronics sucked, you name it I shopped there, and found little or no help, until national camera, I seen plenty of people claiming to know things, things they didn’t know, pretty bad when 10 minutes of search on the net I found more info than they could try and make up. Not to mention national camera had free classes on how to use the cameras, and other little incentives.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I recently bought a Sony Cybershot and am very happy with the quality of pics it takes. I paid around $150 for the camera and an extra 128mb card. Your local Wal-Mart has several to look at at any price range .

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Radio Shack has a really nice HP dig camera for under $100.00. You can either download to your computer or just to a printer.Also works as a web cam and has a movie cam opition.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.