Sorry blood bank

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Skeeters got all my blood already.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

And they’re coming to take you away haha hehe hoho

Be careful out there.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I figured that you got a “tramp stamp” and couldn’t donate for 12 months.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Man, I hate mosquitos. I refrain from complaining all winter about the cold and snow specifically so I CAN complain about the heat, humidity, and mosquitos…

I hate being eaten alive, but I also don’t like spreading harsh chemicals all over my skin. Most repellants say you should wash it off once you go indoors. And I’m leery of the “all natural” repellents – can they really be that effective? Clothing is my preferred method of protection, but it seems this season I might just need something more.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

On my weekend fishing trips, i’m saturated with deet 100 and nothing less. Usually a get a little skin peel within the next few days…Beats the skeeters. Them things will drive you nuts without repellant.

Deet 100 does a real good job keeping the monster flies off too, but it has to be a fairly fresh application to really keep the flies off.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I figured that you got a “tramp stamp” and couldn’t donate for 12 months.

OVer the old one or a touch up?

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Quote:

And I’m leery of the “all natural” repellents – can they really be that effective? Clothing is my preferred method of protection, but it seems this season I might just need something more.

Sharon… I was leery about the ‘natural’ stuff being effective. But I’ve found that there are some out there that are as or more effective than many of the deet products I’ve used. Now the skeets to the level you guys are talking about I don’t know… at times it seems there is nothing that will stop them. I HATE deet… so I avoid it if possible. The stuff we’ve been using lately is a combination of oil extracts that keep away flies, skeets, and ticks. I can give you the phone number if you PM me but I don’t know if the lady that makes it wants broad advertising so I won’t post it here. I have found that the spray does NOT keep away gnats… thats what we’re battling here in NE IA. Drove me off the river Sunday night. Hope the skeets have gone down by the time I come up north in late July!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

{clipped} And I’m leery of the “all natural” repellents – can they really be that effective? Clothing is my preferred method of protection, but it seems this season I might just need something more.

Best Natural repellant I’ve found is eating a diet HIGH in GARLIC and Hot-n-SPICY Foods.

Seems, they don’t like the Hot-n-Spicy stuff, whereas I love it!

Although the others around me may not especially like the after burn

castle-rock-clown

Hot wings with a dose of hot buffalo sauce AND Garlic mustard. A marriage made in heaven. Take that mosquitos.

redrnger

Boy the knats are as irritating as the mosquitoes and are everywhere.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Boy the knats are as irritating as the mosquitoes and are everywhere.

I’ll take mosquitoes over gnats.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.