Best Ribs I’ve had in 30 yrs

• desperado

Been wanting to go to Rack Shack for a couple yrs now. Finally took the family to the Robert Street location tonight. The last time I had ribs that good was in college (a friend of mine had a place on the edge of campus which was very similar to Rack Shack).
    My son who is just finishing up his Sophomore year of high school is already set on Rack Shack catering for his grad party.

KUDOS Mr Elliot Ashwell

deertracker

Where on Robert Street? I will be down in the cities next weekend and will have to check it out. Of course my son wants to go to Chuck E Cheese.

DT

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I’ve heard great things but have never gone, a wrong I need to correct. DT, you’ve seen the effects of bad habits on people in your line of work, you need to break this Chuck E Cheese phase right now!

PS. bringing the clubs?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

South Saint Paul DT.

desperado

THIS

Quote:

you’ve seen the effects of bad habits on people in your line of work, you need to break this Chuck E Cheese phase right now!

THEN THIS

Quote:

PS. bringing the clubs?

OH THE IRONY

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

THIS

Quote:

you’ve seen the effects of bad habits on people in your line of work, you need to break this Chuck E Cheese phase right now!

THEN THIS

Quote:

PS. bringing the clubs?

OH THE IRONY

I suppose that is a bad habit as well. You know what they say, the addicted aren’t aware! (so, not a golfer?)

desperado

SW corner of Robert and Lothenbach; about a mile and a half north of 494
    (right across Robert Street from the Target Store) …

that’s a couple miles south of the Chuck E Cheese

desperado

I had the Hobo (pulled pork and briskit on a smoked potato, with beans and corn mixed in, covered with slaw, and mac n cheese on the side). It was good, but the best part of it was the smoked potato which you can order as one of your sides with any the other meals on their menu. I’d have this again I suppose if I’d never tried the RIBS (will have more to say about them soon)

Youngest son had a Brisket Burger (smoked brisket ground and formed into a patty); a little dry, probably won’t order it again.

None of us tried their Sammies ( a sandwich with choice of sliced brisket, pulled pork, or turkey). But, we were there for dinner; might try a Sammie if I was there for lunch.

The rest of our crew ordered RIBS.

Oh and did I mention RIBS? This is obviously their specialty; smoked to perfection, plenty meaty, and cooked to the perfect tenderness. I don’t like the meat to fall off the bone when you pick it up and my wife doesn’t like to have to gnaw the meat off the bone; yet with these RIBS, we were both pleased. The meat stays on the bone when you pick it up; then when you take a bite, that bite falls off the bone onto your partying taste buds but the rest of the meat doesn’t come with it … it’s still there just in perfect position for the next tender bite

All ribs come naked, and there is a great selection of sauces for you to apply yourself … If you want to or feel the need to that is. These Ribs are good enough that they don’t really NEED sauce.

Anyhow the selection runs the gamut, so there’s a sauce for anyone’s taste; from the typical Minnesota boring (can’t stand any zing) St Paulie sauce, to the mustardy zingy Georgia styles, to the smoky-peppery style Texas sauces.

we also had a side of the Corn Fritters … D E L I C I O U S

they were perfectly deep fried; crunchy on the outside, tender inside

along with the standard corn meal and corn kernels, there was also some sweetness inside (syrup? honey? )

We had these an appetizer, but they would also make for a great DESSERT

My recommendation would be RIBS, Smoked Potato, and Corn Fritters

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

OH Thanks for the invite Don!

You’ll talk to golfers, but won’t invite me to the Rack Shack!

Fine, be that way.

To everyone BUT Desperado:

Is anyone interested in having a little get together at this location?
    It would have to be a late afternoon other then a Friday or Saturday.

I’m thinking like 4:30ish to 8pmish on a Monday/Tuesday within the next couple weeks.

desperado

spontaneous Friday evening … your “not available” time

BTW, I think they could use a good Spam Chef

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ok…you’re invited too.

deertracker

Quote:

I’ve heard great things but have never gone, a wrong I need to correct. DT, you’ve seen the effects of bad habits on people in your line of work, you need to break this Chuck E Cheese phase right now!

PS. bringing the clubs?

I know FOR SURE that I will be eating at Old World at least once while we are there. There weekend I ate there twice. I will not be bringing the clubs although I haven’t played Inverwood since high school and always liked that course. We will be in Lakeville for a soccer tournament and don’t know the game schedule yet. I was thinking of bringing the boat.
    DT

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

OH Thanks for the invite Don!

You’ll talk to golfers, but won’t invite me to the Rack Shack!

Fine, be that way.

To everyone BUT Desperado:

Is anyone interested in having a little get together at this location?
    It would have to be a late afternoon other then a Friday or Saturday.

I’m thinking like 4:30ish to 8pmish on a Monday/Tuesday within the next couple weeks.

Sounds good! I’ll wear plaid…

munchy
    NULL

I’ve been to the Burnsville location and was very pleased with both the service and food. The kids working behind the counter were great and the food and sauces were excellent. I had the Hobo with Briskit and the girlfriend had the Briskit sammy(I believe).

PB2

Love the variety of sauces.

rtni00
    NULL

Little known hole in the wall- Ted Cooks 19th Hole in the cities… now that is some good eatin’

desperado

DT
    There’s also a place on South Robert which has great Crawdads
    mmmm mmmmm

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.