New No Wake Zone in Pool 3????????

• Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Anybody help???? Is there a new no wake zone at the Diamond bluff launch pool 3?? I’ve seen a sign on the shore near Fart creek and they have a marker in the water on the Mn side. Just wondering if this is a real no wake area or if the locals put it up to slow people down. Help!!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I believe they were in place for the grand excursion, I’m not sure they are inforced, some one here knows.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

When I went through that area last night I did not notice any no wake markers. My guess is they took them down after the excursion… or I’m blind. Either way nobody was slowing down.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

James Did you catch any fish up in pool 3 that night??Whatsa

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We really only had about 45 minutes of fishing time. I guided all day yesterday (pool 4 was was HOT yesterday w/ about 35 legals and a good number of 22 – 25 inch fish in the mix) and hopped up a pool to 3 with Len just in time to meet the guys at the Gem. When we did fish we hit one of the sloughs and dragged jigs n’ bait. Caught 4 legals in the time we had and split. There was a lot of fish to be had from what I could tell… we just ran out of daylight. 4′ of water + crawlers was what we found to be best.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Do you long line them in 4 foot of water or casting them and pull them back in slow?

How many boaters do you need for the 30th are you getting close? I’m trying to get the day off but I’m still waiting to hear from the boss. Some guys are off that day already.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Long lining or drift and drag depending on situation. We didn’t do any casting but one of the other boats out with us did. Not sure if they took any walleye this way or not.

We’re close to the needed number of boaters. We need 35 and we’ve got around 32 guys committed. So we could use your help if you’re able to swing it.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

I’ll let you know when I hear from the boss.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.