DODGE CUMMINS DIESEL

• gundez-71
    South Minnesota

SUPPOSED TO ASK, HOW THE DODGE CUMMINS DIESEL COMPARES TO THE CHEVY AND THE FORDS DIESEL MOTORS? ANYONE PULLI’N DODGES V-10 GASSER?

GUNDY

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

I bought a new Dodge 3500 with the Cummins this year. I love it. 600ft/lbs of torque and 16mpg pulling boat. The power is almost scary sometimes. It did take some getting use to but I’ll never own another gasser. Don’t bother with the automatic the 6-speed manual is bulletproof.

I drove a chevy but found it to be very sluggish. Not sure if it was the engine or the auto tranny but I didn’t care for it. I am sold on Cummins in-line 6 approach compared to the V-8 or Ford or Chevy. With the 6 there is about 50% less moving parts and should be less trouble and lower wear.

I believe the Cummins’ displacement is less but HP and torque is highest.

Go get one and don’t look back! Then tell the Hemi guys you opted for the 6 cylinder. Watch the look on their face when you pass them going up a hill pulling the boat.

Don Hanson

Maybe you guys can help me out. A couple of years ago there was a dealer in Albert Lea that specialized in heavyduty trucks, mostly used. I can’t remember the name, does anyone know of such a place. thanks, Don

worm

I traded for 97 with 150K (just broke in) this summer. This is the 12 valve 5.9 cummins. I took it north a couple of weeks ago and got over 19 mpg pulling the boat, we ran 75+ through most of Minnesota.It never shifted down on any hill, and I never babied it either, the torque is awesome. My other pickup is a 5.9 gasser, it’s for sale.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.