Les Stroud – Bigfoot & Son

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Les couple of years off to retool have soured me.

The first few episodes were with his apathetic son who seemed more interested in fishing and getting back to civilization than “surviving”. Which, in a way wasn’t too bad. I mean, they did a lot of fishing. That’s something. But the kid just acted like a typical teen.

This week it was “part 1” of in search of bigfoot. He seemed pained as he tried to stretch and make things plausible and interesting.

One night they offered apples. The next day they were gone. All I could think of was, um, why no trail cam or cameras on those apples?

They were really teasing next weeks show with a chaotic, blurry clip of him swinging a torch and yelling, presumably to scare off whatever has gotten near him.

He’s fallen a long way from spending weeks alone in some remote place. Although I will give him a break. I couldn’t last one week. I don’t think I would sleep being alone in a remote area, much less survive. Shooting several survival episodes has to wear the heck out of a guy, enough to make him want to change it up and not have to do it anymore.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Switch over to “Naked & Afraid”.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Danged if I’m not a little hooked on that show but I usually abort when they whine or fight too much.

Plus really, we can see butt’s but not female chest? That’s seems ridiculous for a show like that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Been watching it. Isn’t Les on the same channel after and/or before N&A? Michelle has even gotten into the show. I think I need to suggest for more realism that we watch naked.

On a related note, has anyone seen the ad for the show about watching people watch TV?

692fisherman
    champlin mn

x2, dam good show. its amazing to watch people break down….. i sure as hell couldnt do it!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

did anyone else find it weird that they choose to sleep in an alum boat during a potential electrical storm?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Apathetic was a good description.

There was another word on the tip of my tongue, but I can’t think of it. Having a kid and nieces and nephews, I know that look he had when he would be sitting on a rock or something. Completely disinterested and disengaged. Makes me wonder if he planned on doing a whole season of it but canned it after the first 2. Having his kid along made it more dangerous for him. Just look at the ridiculous boat shelter.

Every episode he’s busting his butt and the kid is fishing.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

did anyone else find it weird that they choose to sleep in an alum boat during a potential electrical storm?

Seems to me it would have been a better idea to pull the boat up on shore, flip it over and sleep under it.

I don’t believe in bigfoot. Everything in that show can be explained. He is just letting his mind play tricks on itself. That “picture” of bigfoot face behind a tree is no different than staring at an ink blob and then seeing Jesus (or Ziggy). The human mind needs to make order of what is in view. There is a psyc term for it.

-J.

desperado

the only show of this genre that can hold my interest for a full half hour is ManTracker

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Shut it off. Go outside.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Seems to me it would have been a better idea to pull the boat up on shore, flip it over and sleep under it.

I agree, that’s the first thing I thought. My second thought was he has a hatchet & a saw? WTH, where was his multi tool? Unless he was counting the kid as a tool.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Everything in that show can be explained.

His explanations of it being Bigfoot seemed forced too.

How about the T-Pee shelter. No way a man could have made that! And it is old, alert the authorities!

And the footprints? Friggen indentations. Nice of him to throw out “It might be hard to pick up on the camera”. And when he pointed the camera and the microphone toward the “noises”, why didn’t he put it on the other side of the fire? Really?

One thing is for sure, Sasquatch is everywhere, because I see broken saplings all over in the woods.

desperado

hmmm sure sounds “Squatchy” to me

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

How come there have never been any skeletal remains of a bigfoot found?

brunn
    Andover, MN

Quote:

That “picture” of bigfoot face behind a tree is no different than staring at an ink blob and then seeing Jesus (or Ziggy). The human mind needs to make order of what is in view. There is a psyc term for it.

Nothing but an ink blob (or a gorilla suit)

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

How come there have never been any skeletal remains of a bigfoot found?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The more civilized we become the less we should believe in magic and fairy tales. Do you think less people believe but fantasize about it for entertainment? I just cant believe any sane person would believe a giant ape lives wild among us.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

This was the actual picture they had on.

desperado

didn’t you know, Sasquatches ARE Aliens

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I just cant believe any sane person would believe a giant ape lives wild among us.

I certainly don’t believe a giant ape lives among us. They travel in groups.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If there was a bigfoot, Pat Howard (gut) would have caught one on trail cam by now

desperado

no worries, “BoBo” is hot on the trail

orangewhip3x
    Blaine

THere is too a bigfoot…I caught this on my trail cam some time not too long ago in a very strange place.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

The more civilized we become the less we should believe in magic and fairy tales. Do you think less people believe but fantasize about it for entertainment? I just cant believe any sane person would believe a giant ape lives wild among us.

No, but I believe there is a possibility of one existing elsewhere in the world. lots of places yet to be fully explored, and new specimens are being discovered every day.

Wasn’t it just a couple years ago that they discovered a new species of WHALE? You’d surely think that would have been seen before…

Do I think there is a giant ape in the USA? No. There is no ape, there is no chupacabra, and there is no Jersey devil!

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

didn’t you know, Sasquatches ARE Aliens

Maybe we’re the aliens and we’re the ones invading bigfoot’s planet.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Bigfoot is Kongs little brother. Kong swatted the Malaysian jet out of the sky.

tbrooks11

Theres enough evidence out there for me to be pretty interested in bigfoot. To say that im not sane for believing in bigfoot is pretty questionable. Theres pictures and videos out there that keep me believing it… and i consider myself about as sane as sane can be.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Theres enough evidence out there for me to be pretty interested in bigfoot. To say that im not sane for believing in bigfoot is pretty questionable. Theres pictures and videos out there that keep me believing it… and i consider myself about as sane as sane can be.

Don’t forget to tell the Easter Bunny I said Hi!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Be nice Suzuki.

tbrooks11

Haha yeah I figured a few people would be too ignorant to even bother to listen to the other side of the story. I get it, im young and dumb, just like the stereotype says!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.