I am confused…

• Minnow1

Last December, I reached out to the IDO family for advice on which websites would be recommended to sell my used boat on. I must admit, I was hoping for some PM’s inquiring about my boat. I listed no info about it on my post. The majority advised Walleye Central. Great advice as my rig sold within 24 hours of my ad being posted. Here is where my confusion comes in, it was made pretty clear to me that I shouldn’t post an ad on the Forum, yet the ad for a used boat on tonight’s topic’s is the 2nd in a,month. What am I missing ?

deertracker

If you are talking about the Alumacraft ad, that is a paid ad in the classifieds. You can’t just put an ad in the general forum.
    DT

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Yes… it is unfortunate that you must pay for an ad to sell your boat on a completely free resource that costs a lot of money to host/adminster on a monthly basis. I would cry foul as well. We live in America, gosh darn it! How dare they, who pay thousands a year to keep the public entertained and informed, require donations when utilizing their resources to conduct personal business. How dare they.

BBKK
    IA

You use your fish bucks to purchase ads in the classifieds section to list whatever you want (even breast pumps I hear). This helps keep people from registering just to sell items, and if they do they pay cash to do so.

red89
    Hudson

Quote:

Yes… it is unfortunate that you must pay for an ad to sell your boat on a completely free resource that costs a lot of money to host/adminster on a monthly basis. I would cry foul as well. We live in America, gosh darn it! How dare they, who pay thousands a year to keep the public entertained and informed, require donations when utilizing their resources to conduct personal business. How dare they.

Woah… easy on the sarcasm Dave. It sounds like Minnow1 was unaware you had to pay for classified ads. Harmless mistake.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Quote:

yet the ad for a used boat on tonight’s topic’s is the 2nd in a,month. What am I missing ?

Items posted in the IDO classifieds show up in the “Today’s topics” list, as yours would have had you posted it there.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hopefully this cleared up the confusion

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I have to agree with red89. Minnow 1 asked a question and it didn’t read as being nasty to me. Dave what you said is true but I don’t want to see this sight like others that just seem like p>>> and moan chat rooms. I know I pushed the line before myself and sent out a apology to the person that thought I was attacking them. I should have worded my post much better.

Minnow1

Thank you Red and Ice…you both took my question the way I meant it. I honestly didnt know….now I do….

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Stay with us Minnow, one day you will be a keeper!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.