Big fish pics of 2004

• bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

This is a very skinny 27″ Leech Lake walleye.

The biggest ever for my friend Dean.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

Funny… that fish weighed 11.8 lbs when we weighed it… lol

Not taking ANYTHING away from what is a true piggie. Just thought it was funny how it gained a pound in the retelling. And a little length.

Geeeeezz.. Ok, I had to go in the bait shop and check out the EXACT numbers on that fish….It was 12 lbs even and was 30 inches. I remember the inches, cuz the little sob got another one that was a tail pinch over 30 inches a day or two later…spawned out. 12.8, must have been one that I got or something….sorry for the confusion!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Ha! Called ya’ out! Still one heck of a fish. I have a couple other photos of it that are just as good if not better but a little TOOO darn revealing as to time & place if ya’ know what I mean there Mr. Vick?!

And it was 11.8… lol

gary_wellman
    South Metro

James;

By studying that picture, it looks like he caught it off the dock!!!!!!!!!

I know where to camp out at now!!!!!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well yes, it was. The ones I took weren’t on the dock… lol

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

And it was 11.8… lol

You’re the one that taught me to round up…..

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No… I taught you to count to ten using your fingers. Unless you got yourself some “fractional piggies” you’re stuck with whole numbers.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Summer night trolling for smallies……. 18″ is tops for the year so far.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Best photoed pike so far this year….. 30″.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Best eye… night trolling……… 27″ class.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Best muskie so far this year! Crankin’ for eyes on Mille Lacs brought this surprise!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well it’s not spectacular for say it is my biggest eye to date, since I picked up walleye fishing less than a year ago, for actively fishing for them. I caught a good number of fish this year, lots in the 18-19 range a couple 20+ , but this is the first the looked pigish to me. Pretty cool I thought thanks to some guided help from Mike W. AH notice the nifty hat too. Hopefully I can supersize this with a bigger fish later this year. Oh yeah almost forgot, this one went in the 24.5 inches, of course she’s still out there swimmin’

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Very nice photo. I see what looks like a barge in the back ground. Get that one up on pool 2? If you frequent that body of water in the fall, november being a peak time, you’re likely to find that bigger then big girl you’re looking for!

And yeah… VERY nice hat!

Thanks for sharing.

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

Here is a 10 1/2 lb coho caught the day before the Manitowoc Salmon derby. This fish would have won the coho division, but the young guy that reeled it in didn’t really care, he had a great time.

emover
    Malcom, IA

I bet that young man had a blast, and has some sore arms, as I have caught a couple of 6 and 8lb Salmon near Manitowoc, but never a 10. They are fun

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.