Big fish pics of 2004

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Hope everyone is having a great season so far!

Here’s an invitation to share some of this season’s big fish pictures. Location and presentation would be nice too, but only tell how and where if you want to do so.

So, let’s see ’em…

ilbfishn
    Winona, MN

Here’s a pic of my 7 year olds biggest this year. It was 18.5″. Caught it on a slip bobber with a night crawler along some rip rap ….and boy I gotta tell ya, that kid handles fish better than most of my fishin’ buddies.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

nice fish, here is my biggest fish so far of this year.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

wholey cow, I must have really did something to make my post get that big. I mean i know i have a few extra pounds, and then you add the extra pounds that the camera adds. I am shocked to see that the website also adds more pounds than that. I guess it goes like a fish story. it starts out small and ends up large.

although if you notice that this fish has a wound on the side of it. there was another one on the other side in the same spot. they where fresh. i pulled this hog through the ice, I was using a pink jighead with a crappie minnow on coon lake in east bethel.

shane

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Frying Pan Fish?????

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Best Largemouth of the year, smacked a Rogue on top of a weed flat in 7′ of water. 21.5″ RELEASED.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

yeah i ate that one, it tasted really good. i love to eat bass in the fall and the start of bass season.

shane

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

22 inches, Spirit Lake near Aitkin. Caught her on a #4 Conehead Wooly Bugger and my trusty Glen Wicks 6 weight. A little light duty for Bass fishing but this fishin’ pole is charmed.

Steve

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Wow! On a fly rod even. Top water or sub-surface fly?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Rootski! That is a good catch on a 6 weight! I betcha she was in the air more than the water. Those buggers are a great all around fly.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s a huge bass on a 6 Wt. Awesome. If I remember correctly the wooly is a weighted fly correct?? Thanks for sharing!!

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

These smiles are worth a million bucks..

Gotta love it! Take a kid fishing.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

These smiles are worth a million bucks

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

A Wooly Bugger is a sub-surface fly. Basically a glob of marabou for a tail and a yarn body with a hackle feather spiraled along the length of the hook. The “conehead” is a small cone shaped brass bead. This fly fishes like a small jig that drops very slowly. The one I caught this fish on was chartrueuse and yellow. I much prefer to use top waters (deer hair bugs mainly) because it’s so much fun watching a Bass bust a top water but there are times you have to fish deeper. I was pretty surprised when this fish showed up. The area I was fishing was 30 yards from the resort and there wasn’t a weeed in sight, just a few old logs laying on the bottom of the lake. I thought I’d find a few bank runners if anything so I was throwing the small fly on the light fly rod. Like most big Bass she never jumped or ran very fast, she just pulled REALLY hard. In fact at one point my wife yelled “The boat is moving!!!”. Great fun. If you ever want to get together and try this Bass Bugging thing, let me know. It’s a lot of fun.

Rootski

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Here’s My largest bass this year. Caught slip-bobbering a leech in Ottertail Co.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

And, here’s my wife Tamara’s largest bass, also caught slip-bobbering a leech. She’s got me beat!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Here is my 9 year old daughter Emily with her biggest fish of the year, a white bass.

cfwalleye

Here’s my biggest of the year (so far): 10.4oz from the Columbia River. Caught with a Smile Blade.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Why does T have to be second??? Oh, that’s gonna cost you Wade.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Why does T have to be second???

Saving the best for last…

d00buck
    Colo, IA

Nice save Wade!

newt
    Pillager, MN

Best bass so far…

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Here is one of Dean Marshall’s. 30 inch 12lb 10oz taken this spring at the Red Wing Dam area.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

NO! Steve! Tell me that’s been altered… No way!

Quote:

Here is one of Dean Marshall’s

You mean there’s MORE!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Funny… that fish weighed 11.8 lbs when we weighed it… lol

Not taking ANYTHING away from what is a true piggie. Just thought it was funny how it gained a pound in the retelling. And a little length.

Quote:

Here is one of Dean Marshall’s. 30 inch 12lb 10oz taken this spring at the Red Wing Dam area.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Wow, what a beauty!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

She’s now 32 inches….around that is and 15 pounds.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Lake Erie over Easter 2004

cfwalleye

My wife’s 2nd walleye ever (her first was earlier in the day). This one was a nice fat fish that weighed in right at 8lbs even.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.