Lake Superior Pix…….

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Just got back from Lake Superior and have a couple of pix to share….. as I process them there will be a few more if you like to see them… but this is what I have so far…

Hollow Rock at Dawn

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Hat Point at Sunrise…..

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Cedar trees at Sunrise….

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

As usual, I am amazed! You’re truly becoming an “ar-teest”. All 3 are very inspiring……. inspiring indeed!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

thanks for the compliments there Pup… here.. Ill toss ya a couple of more “bones”…..
    this shot is looking at Isle Royal at Dawn…..

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Your pictures always amaze me! Thanks for sharing them with us.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

This once again is hollow rock.. but from the sunward side at dawn…. the famous orange lichens that often adorn the rocks along lake superior really light up at dawn and sunset….. with the blue colored background it was fairly striking…. (though I think I could have used more color in the background sky! cant have everything though)

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Did you stay on Isle Royal at all? Great pictures.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

If we could have a little “Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald” going in the back ground….

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Great pics Ken. You have a real gift man.

Gator Hunter

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Thanks for the comments guys.. you are way too kind!…. and of course I return such kindness by torturing you with more photos… now were going to see how tough your stomachs are.. nature photographers are infamous for Flower AND Bug macros… most of them you see are pretty lame.. because its tough to get them just right….. so heres a couple of them that are probably pretty lame!….
    (Oh.. and Joe.. we did NOT make it out to Isle Royal… but we plan to this year yet… the ferry for Isle Royal leaves from Grand Portage…. there are 2 kinds of trips… the day trip with a 6 hour round trip on the boat.. and 3 hours on the Island… and the Overnight trip, where you stay on the Island for one or more nights… Im told by another Nature photographer who used to work on the ferry that its a very beautiful trip…..
    This is known as Orange Hawkweed (Or Devils Paintbrush)

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

The Old Man on the Moon… (a Luna Moth)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.