What do you think?

• TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

Do you think that people know that not only do you need to remove all Aquatic species/vegetation from your boat, motor, and trailer, but also need to remove from Anchors, and fishing tackle? The reason that I ask, is that I have been to some lake recently, that just a few years ago, had weeds and stuff, but nothing like I have seen this year, and I am curious if the above question may also contribute to this.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I don’t think everyone takes it as seriously as they should…

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I believe most anglers do pay attention to all the regs and requirements, notice I said ANGLERS, but there is more to this problem than just people. Eurasian Milfoil is in lakes that have never seen a boat, or tackle. How did it get there? Geese, flying sky carp, hypothetically they could account for just as much, if not more of the proliferation of exotic plant species.

At this point the word is out, radio, billboards, access interns, etc.. Stupid people will always be stupid people, and if they don’t get it by now, what else can we do.

As a side note I was told by an access intern at Shaboshkung that they found Zebra Mussles in a lake by Nisswa.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!! Well maybe not that bad but my heart is gonna be broke if the exotics harm fishing across the state in years to come. My windshield will probably be broke too if those asian acrobatic carp make it up here.
    Thanks for the heads up on the anchor rope. I hadn’t really thought of that but I haven’t used the anchor in any lakes this year so no harm done. I will be more careful.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I dont think alota people take the time to clean everything off. Well, the DNR has these tiny signs telling you to do it, but they put them in places that are hard for people to see. So it may be a lack of information about it too.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

I believe that most all fishing men/women do follow the regs. It’s the “lets take the boat out” once a year people (the ones who own the big pleasure boats that cost more in gas for the one trip then we spend all season) who don’t care one way or the other.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.