Is it August already?

• tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Just an observation–does it seem like some of the flora and fauna is already taking on the characteristics typical in mid-August ? The sumac isn’t turning red yet…heck, in a lot of waters I fish the catfish haven’t even spawned yet. Always figured 78 degrees was the magic number. We’re still below that in the Rock and a couple of lakes I guide on. Ya know how we always start getting cool nites in the Wis/ Ill stateline in early August and the water starts cooling down ? If it doesn’t have to cool that far do ya suppose the walleyes will continue to go ape all over the map in the rivers? This is the best July for walleyes on pool 9 that I can remember. Wish I could fish every day instead of just 4-5 days a week…maybe the whole scheme of things would be a little clearer.
    The reason for this pondering is actually focused on deer habitat. The folks at Biologic tell me that a food plot of Full Draw should go in Sept. 1….if we have an early autumn will it be ready by November?
    Don’t know. Just wonderin’. Also wondering if the lawn will mow itself if I keep ramblin’ long enough……. …….nope. better git to it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I sure hope it’s not Aug. My tomato plants don’t even have fruit yet and my cukes have just started to vine. This has been one wierd year though. I just hope the wierdness continues and we get good snowcover starting in Nov. I would like a good long snomobile season for a change.

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Amen to that! Wife has just two red tomatoes so far. One is the size of a walnut, and the other one is just a little guy1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.