Skag repair

• Bird
    River Falls, WI

Hit a rock going up the Chippewa River on L. Wissota……fractured part of my skag off of my Yamaha 115 4-stroke and was wondering if anyone knows of a good place around Hudson WI. or the east, NE, SE metro or surrounding areas for repair. Also….the engine ran fine, no vibration or apparent cracks in the lower unit…..will there be any issues or concerns if I run it banged up.
    Thanks in advance!!!!

herb
    6ft under

If the prop wasn’t hurt, don’t worry about it. I would keep an eye open for leaking oil in the future.
    No problem if you run without a skag. But get it fixed as soon as you can for prop protection.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

Prop is in good condition, no damage…..
    Thanks Herb

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Mo I don’t know if they do skag repair, but did you check into Warner’s Dock? I believe it’s in New Richmond.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Propulsion Associates
    715 386 2547. They know what they are doing there.
    They specialize in skag repair.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

Thanks SteveO,
    Taking the boat in Tuesday.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

let me know how they do on it. I bought a prop from them last year and may have them fix a little ding on my skag.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

SteveO,
    The weld and repair job looked good but the paint job was not…..the owner indicated to me “they match the paint”…..when picking it up he assured me it was a match. I did tell him that Yamaha has a 2 part paint process being one is the paint and two the clear coat that changes the color and tint of the paint….sure enough he only used the one coat and wouldn’t seal it. I’ll have to get the clear coat and do it myself. Estimate was $150 and under for skag repair….my job was a simple one and it came out to $150. Good Luck

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’ve got a Merc so the color match shouldn’t be a problem.
    Glad the work went fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.