Lake Erie Walleye Record

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Sorry if this has been posted before… got this in an email.

So is this the real deal or just another fish tail?

Quote:

Now I know the rumor is that there is big fish in Gods Lake…….but…………….the one fish that was still out there just got landed yesterday.

This 41 inch monster Walleye (weight unknown) was caught thru 14 inches of ice just north of Elk Island in 27 ft. of water by one lucky ice fisherman. Ice fishing guide on Elk Island posted this picture today.

Estimated weight is 20-22 lbs making it one of the largest Walleye ever caught in the entire country. They are waiting for the weight to be officially verified but it looks to have completely smashed the previous state record of 16 lbs 3oz.

This is fantastic news and speaks volumes for our fishery.

Please share with your fellow fishing buddies.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

41″! C’mon man…In all seriousness what is the longest walleye (fact not fiction…) that we have heard of or witnessed? I have only seen a 31″ caught in Northern Mn….Thoughts? RR

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

32.5 on Lake Erie caught by my uncle, I thought he was either snagged up or had a big Fresh water drum on.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

The largest walleye I saw for state/province records was for Ontario at 36.5″ (22lbs-4oz). No info on the Old Hickory, Tennessee fish.

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

I Know a guy who pulled 30.5, 31 & 32 all in the same evening on Erie
    On the wall for show

sidescan

Googled it and what come up was World record Walleye ice fishing stated Jan.2005 Jan 4. Tobin Lake Saskatchewan 18.30 lbs. 39.5 L. 22.5 Girth. This is ice not soft water.If the one pictured is for real it may be the new record once verified. Fish safe.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

By next year it will be 82″.

drewper1

For you younger fellas, an article from in-fisherman years past – noted the Arkansas DNR found the remains of a 47″ walleye located at Greers Ferry reservoir……..imagine that.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

No doubt, and since I’ve seen it now caught in 3 different bodies of water in two weeks, it will have come form every known walleye lake by then too.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I repeat…The world record is 22+ lbs caught out of Greers Ferry Res, Ark back in 1982 on a Bomber crank bait.

Thats a Spammer Email Steve!!

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

Quote:

Googled it and what come up was World record Walleye ice fishing stated Jan.2005 Jan 4. Tobin Lake Saskatchewan 18.30 lbs. 39.5 L. 22.5 Girth. This is ice not soft water.If the one pictured is for real it may be the new record once verified. Fish safe.

Caught by a local priest who now is known as Father Walleye, he was praying LK 1, 45-46. It was caught on a Len Thompson 5 of diamonds spoon. The fish was 36.5″ in length. Here is a link to picture of the monster.

http://www.fishing-in-saskatchewan.com/fishing-stories/2008/december/world-record-walleye-pulled-from-tobin-lake/

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Quote:

Quote:

No doubt, and since I’ve seen it now caught in 3 different bodies of water in two weeks, it will have come form every known walleye lake by then too.

Well, I don’t think you’ll see a report that it came from mille lacs. With the GIANT girth of eyes up there, an 82″ fish would go about 4-6lbs.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.