Internet Connections?

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

What is everyone using for their internet connecting? I have always had Juno dial up and switched to Juno Speedband dial up hopeing to get faster service. What a joke. I still have slowwwwwww service plus alot of problems I didn’t have with regular Juno. Takes 5 min. to get my e-mail and having problems with my e-mails not getting sent out. Was suppose to have cable internet hooked up a couple days ago but the service guy showed up 45 minutes before I get home from work even though the service order states that he is suppose to be here at 5:15 so I get a note saying sorry he missed me and when I called the cable company the guy would not come back as he went home. I waited 2 weeks to get this set up for the guy to be here at 5:15 to get it hooked up. After cooling off I called them back the next day and scheduled it to be done this coming Tuesday during the afternoon and Jessie, Nates fiance, will be here so they can hook me up to cable internet. I have seen the ”split second” page load up of cable on Nates computer and its out of this world how fast it is. When you spend as much time on this great site as I do you need to be able to ”fly” on the site if you want to be able to do anything else in the evening. So, in case the guy wouldn’t show up or something, I was wondering what everyone else has for connections and how fast it is. Cable has a special right now at 29.99 a month til 2005 and free hook up then in 2005 you pay the reg. 39.99 per month. This is for their fastest service which is super fast. Alot more than the 9.99-14.99 Juno charges but way faster. I’ve heard Broadband is fast but when I’m on here so much I would like the fastest if I can get it hooked up. Its just tough to get things hooked up when nobadys here during the day to let them in and they insist someone has to be here when they come and do it. Thanks, Bill

ps. While writing this I lost my internet connection plus couldn’t even get on the internet last night. Anyone else having these kind of problems?

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Bill: I switched from dial up to charter cable almost 2 years ago and love it. Got a package deal with the TV I didn’t have the digital TV before and can’t say as it is anything special. How many channels of junk do you need. They had a freebie very high speed for a while claiming they were testing the system. Basically they got you used to it and then sent out a notice a month or so ago that if you wanted it you had to pay another $10/mo. I declined and reverted back to the 2nd level speed and it’s fine. Never any issues of getting booted or losing access except for a few maintenance issues. You’ll love it. The installers are usually independent contractors and kinda loose cannons. Scheduling is always fun. My guy installed all new cable to the house and replaced all my splitters. Such a free deal!! Good Luck

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I also have my internet and t.v. through Charter. I love it, a little spendy, but worth it. Bill, I understand your “problem”, as I spend as much as 6-8 hours a day on here after work or fishing . I would never go back to a dial-up connection; they are slow, always get disconnected, and again way too slow.

raysresort
    Sauk City, WI

There is no such thing as fast or decent dialup. Cable or dsl is well worth the $$$ imo and I have charter’s fastest connection for 39.95 a month at home.
    3meg/256k

Stuck with a pos dialup here at the shop tho.

fireline
    Rochester

Bill ,I have charter TV & internet package and love it also . Tom

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey bill,

I have netzero and havent even had a problem logging on or getting booted off the internet. I am thinking that your internet provider was having a major network glitch. I stopped using MSN due to them simular reasons. I am extremely happy with netzero and would recomend them to anyone.

thanks

shane

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Charter cable, here, I think it’s actually faster than my boat Even the slow cable is worth every single penny, and kicks butt over dial up anyday, not to mention it doesn’t take up a phone line. I’ve had people complain their dial up is slow, I suggest cable and they baulk at the price, and half these people are paying for a seperate phone line for the internet too, so the are getting slower speeds for maybe even more than cable.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

I suggest cable and they baulk at the price, and half these people are paying for a seperate phone line for the internet too, so the are getting slower speeds for maybe even more than cable.

I also get a kick out the folks who do this thinking that a cable connection is so expensive.

Bill, you will really like the cable connection. It is what I have in Roch also. Another bennie to the cable connection is no dial-up/connect time becasue you are always connected.

raysresort
    Sauk City, WI

Look what people pay for aol. THAT should be a crime. lol

There is no dialup even worth $10 a month.

I feel like I’m being robbed paying $9.99 for my dialup here when compared to the 39.95 for my cable at home.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.