Hey hey hey john gillespe

• g-no
    Minnesota

James showing passion in his response is why I’m a homer…

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Quote:

His shtick certainly gets people talking. I guess it works for him.

Bingo! You get it…

jon_wbl

His show may not be the easiest to watch but still some useful information. And my son did win a sweet tackle box from Fleet Farm in one of his weekly contests.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

8-10 pound average. Who wants to go to Erie!

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Missed that show. Wish he had the shows on line somewhere so a guy could look back on them. Did he do a couple of shows from pool 4. Seem to remember one with Dean in it. Not sure if Bret got in one to or if that was a different show.

I think its time for IDO to start airing spring time river shows again.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

It’s one of the coldest, windiest, nastiest winters I can remember in my 55 short years on this planet.
    So regardless of who the sponsors are, who the guy behind the camera is, how many advertisements there are or where they are fishing, or what kind of beer they are drinking, if there catching nice fish, I’m probably going to plunk my butt down on the couch and watch a taped re-run of the show.
    I certainly have favorites but that never seems to stop me from watching the others if they manage to have any content worth watching.
    And if there catching big walleyes, I might just watch it twice just because………..I wished I was there catching them myself.

Same goes for big crappies, perch & bluegills. And maybe whitefish too!

Basically, Thank God we have something to watch other than reality T.V. shows!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Very good point!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Very good point!

Except that it is a contradiction.

castle-rock-clown

The bachelor takes snooky and jwow ice fishing. Now that’s a contradiction

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

Now that is a contradiction for sure!! That would be thirty minutes straight of laughing

hamms
    Mn

How foolish are you to come on IDO forums and say that James, Cal, Joel, Will and others don’t catch their own fish….They show hook sets all the time and also tell you they struggled the day before…They don’t need to make things up they work for their fish.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

About 4-5 years ago, me and a bunch of others were fishing a small lake… and Mr Ice Fishing himself Dave Genz joined us. one of our party is good freinds with him. He let me use his (unreleased at the time) Vex Fl22 to try it out for a few mins. I pulled in a decent 12″ crappie. I unhook and set on the ice and Dave walked over, picked it up and walked away with it. LOL. He told me it was the price for using the vex. He was kidding of course.. but he needed it to finish some filming/editing for a show they had just filmed. He just needed fresh fish to complete some small segments.

Now.. don’t get me wrong… he had just come from a sports show in another state (stopped on his way home).. he was catching along with us at the lake.. just didn’t have the time we all had. Was pretty funny though. Great guy!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.