Hey hey hey john gillespe

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Anyone see the 12lb+ 31″ beast he caught on the show this morning ? What a beast! Sure it was Lake Eire, but still a monster on any water.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Did he actually catch it, or did he just drive up on someone with the wheeler and steal someone’s fish and shake it around in front of the camera???

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Did he actually catch it, or did he just drive up on someone with the wheeler and steal someone’s fish and shake it around in front of the camera???

and also without a Vibrato

castle-rock-clown

Yea, that’s it. These celebs never catch any of their own fish. the camera crews and “staff” do all the work. You can’t belive anything you see on tv. It’s all a hoax designed to get your last dollar. Nothings real in this world, its all a brainwashed perception that “they” have indoctrinated into us. We are all living a lie. I doubt this beer I’m having right now is real, but let me take another drink just to make sure.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I remember the last episode of that show I watched. He had a big fish hooked that did not shake his head once all the way to the hole. At the hole, out popped a big walleye head with a zip lure in it (he was screaming ON THE ZIP LURE! the whole time). He reached down and pulled it out, the fish never moved its tail and the slime was running off it. I vowed to never watch the show again.

milemark_714

It was a trade for some Johnsonvilles and PBR

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

It was a trade for some Johnsonvilles and PBR

Scott, were you with me on the Mendota trip when he came running up to me with his camera man. We were between dunns and maple that year

milemark_714

Randy,I was there that day and observed the drama from a distance.I also witnessed him&company at DePere in the mid 90s,they were pretty much schmitt-faced and LOUD!Did he have Pabst for a sponsor back then?

reddog

Those were some nice fish…. Couldn’t tell who’s show it was because I had to mute it to shut the loudmouth up. First time ever watching.. Doubt I’ll be back.

taz
    Frederic wi

Quote:

castle-rock-clown

Of all the fishing infomercials I have had my best success copying his shows. I like the fact he has kids, women, and even dogs sometimes. My favorites are him an Big Dave on the Wisconsin River below the Dells Dam. Truth is I suck at fishing, especially ice fishing, but I have had some success copying some of what he does in some of the spots he hits.

joshkral

glad to hear i’m not the only one with a beer at 10:30 in the morning!

castle-rock-clown

Quote:

13 degrees and a 30mph wind. I’m sitting on the couch watching fishing shows with a cold one in one hand and my 2nd most favorite rod in the other.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Usually he doesn’t have a rod. Today he realed in a few. Who knows if he hooked it or not. Same things happen on Ido show. If you think all the fish shown on TV are hooked then you are totally wrong.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Usually he doesn’t have a rod. Today he realed in a few. Who knows if he hooked it or not. Same things happen on Ido show. If you think all the fish shown on TV are hooked then you are totally wrong.

What episode have you seen of IDO where it showed a fish without showing the hookset and fighting of the fish? I cannot remember any and I have seen every episode multiple times.

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

Those were some nice fish…. Couldn’t tell who’s show it was because I had to mute it to shut the loudmouth up. First time ever watching.. Doubt I’ll be back.

X2 thank god for the mute button

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

Quote:

What episode have you seen of IDO where it showed a fish without showing the hookset and fighting of the fish? I cannot remember any and I have seen every episode multiple times.

Not trying to be a homer here but I would have to agree with Kevin…i cant say for sure but I know most of the time I see a hookset.. There are tons of fishing shows out there and most dont come close to the quality of info and real time fishing..i believe the shows are aired a week after its shot and most if not all bodies of water you or I can get there..with ido there in it for the passion not the “brats”

BBKK
    IA

I wasn’t trying to be a homer either… I should have said that in my post as well. I really, honestly, cannot remember seeing just a fish come out of the hole or them just holding up a fish. Its pretty easy to tell the guys catch them themselves, they dont need someone else to hook the fish.

BBKK
    IA

Well, now that I think of it.. I do remember some of the panfish episodes where they just showed the guys reeling up the fish.. but you can tell those bites were so good that they wouldn’t need anyone to hook the fish.

Some of the shows out there its pretty darn obvious that someone caught the fish off camera and they stuck it back down the hole and re-caught it. Slime is the big one. Fresh fish don’t drip slime when you pull them out of the water. Water, yes… but not slime.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I don’t know if anyone else noticed but there was a scene in the show where John made it look like he was using his Humminbird to mark a fish that he wanted everybody else to think was a walleye. Well he’s used the same scene on the show with Larry Smith and on the Humminbird commercials. The flasher reads the same exact depth (8.7) in all cuts. He is quite the editor !!! I’ve met the guy personaly and he’s totally different than he is in that show.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I don’t know if anyone else noticed but there was a scene in the show where John made it look like he was using his Humminbird to mark a fish that he wanted everybody else to think was a walleye. Well he’s used the same scene on the show with Larry Smith and on the Humminbird commercials. The flasher reads the same exact depth (8.7) in all cuts. He is quite the editor !!! I’ve met the guy personaly and he’s totally different than he is in that show.

If you watch any of the seminars he does, he is very calm and mellow. I think he downs a case of 5 hr energy before filming on the water.. or something like that. Its like two different people!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

His shtick certainly gets people talking. I guess it works for him.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

It’s like rassling. You know it’s staged but you watch it anyway.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

His shtick certainly gets people talking. I guess it works for him.

Wish I had a show. I just run around the house yelling and Ann is the only one around to enjoy it.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Quote:

13 degrees and a 30mph wind. I’m sitting on the couch watching fishing shows with a cold one in one hand and my 2nd most favorite rod in the other.

I sure hope your fishing Rod is not your most favorite!!

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I sure hope your fishing Rod is not your most favorite!!

I totally missed that one…

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

I have to agree with Louis. The IDO shows & the people doing them seem pretty realistic & honest. (Not that anyone else isn’t!) Teaching in Goodhue, a rival to Chris Granrud’s teams from Zumbrota, and seeing James in action, it sure seems like an honest, passionate effort to show us what we want to see. Thanks, IDOers, for a job well done!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Same things happen on Ido show.

I probably shouldn’t even respond and give this comment any attention but…. Pa-leeze. We catch our own fish, thank you very much. The very suggestion tells me you have no idea who we are or what motivates us to do the shows.

As for the original post… sounds like John caught one heck of a nice fish. Congrats to Mr. Gillespie.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

As for the original post… sounds like John caught one heck of a nice fish. Congrats to Mr. Gillespie.

X2… and nobody mentioned how that big eye came unbutton half way outta the hole.

The one that almost got away !

jkonop
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Probably my favorite show he has aired. He really drilled ice safety on Erie.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.