HUGE catfish, new Iowa Record

• fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Thats weird, since it wasnt even caught in Iowa. But whatever gits yer name in the books

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Joe, it was in the Missouri River on the IA/NE border.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

WOW!!! What a story! Cool thing, she’s still swimming. I hope the stress of all the handling didn’t do her in. You jealous yet Brian?????

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Good catfish bait, those goldfish. But at $2 a pop, Mike Rush of Bellevue didn’t plan on baiting up more than four setlines.

Quote:

Iowa, however, accepts any fish caught by legal means for its state record book.

Goldfish? Setlines? FOUR setlines?

This is all greek to me!

Yes I am Waterfowler!

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Might as well have found it dead on the shore, yo-yos and set lines are a joke!! That is no record.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Great story! Not a fan of setlines myself, but that is one heck of a fish and I am glad I got a chance to see it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Didn’t mean to “pick” on setlines…if it’s legal there isn’t any reason why a person can’t do it….I am just jealous.

Besides…the folks in IA can not only use set lines but can jug fish…but the BIG draw back to IA is they only have 3.2 beer…I’ll stay in MN.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Only 3.2?

If it isn’t a minimum of 5.5…it’s weak

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

This is why they have all those corn fields in IA…they sneak out there to drink MN beer….

(sorry Wade)

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

This is why they have all those corn fields in IA…they sneak out there to drink MN beer….

(sorry Wade)

No problems here. When I drink I tend to drink Captain Morgan. It’s a rare occassion these days so efficiency is key!

As for the record and use of set lines, I’m not a huge fan of set lines either but I thought is was a darn cool fish and I’m glad they released it.

rob69
    Okefenokee Swamp, S. Ga.

That’s one hell of a Blue… In the Altamaha River we got 100lb Flatheads, but that’s the biggest Blue I ever saw.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.