Bobber Fishing….TARPON!

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I hooked up with the guide below last winter in Charleston SC. Never made it out with him but he sends me his reports. Here’s the latest one.

If I was a little closer to SC, I might have given up cat fishing

Just to let everyone know the TARPON are here! We had our best day on them today. Steve Patrick and his father landed 3 tarpon this morning. The ocean was beautifully flat and green. We only had 5 bites but 3 were SILVER KINGS! (I’m excited, if you can’t tell). The first fish was about 100 lbs and put on a great show right boatside. The second fish bit only minutes after reanchoring. This fish was much larger. I estimated between 150 and 170 pounds. We started to chase him because the fish had just about emptied 300 yards of line, but then he started coming back. WOW! After we revived the big fish, we were only on anchor for about 10 minutes before the next fish ate. This one came up right behind the boat to eat the menhaden off the surface> What a sight! This scrappy 70-80 pounder must have jumped 15 times around the boat before I could get the leader in hand. We also landed one on Saturday and jumped another on the fourth of July. The pics below are from last year, but they are just to get everyone as excited as me! I still have some July dates available and plenty of August dates. Hope to see SILVER in the sky with you soon.
    Cheers,
    Capt. J.R. Waits
    http://www.fishcall.com
    (843) 509-7337

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Do you think that’s a sunnie bobber?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It looks like they jump about as much as a small mouth…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.