Best Crankbait Colors

• futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

I was wondering what the favorite crankbait colors are for the viewers of this site. I will be trolling cranks in a lake where the forage base is mainly cisco (tullibee) and also there is a lot of crayfish in the lake. If somebody could give me some advice on what colors to use, and what their favorite colors are, that would be great. Thanks

Tony

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sunday on pool 4 my favorite color was blue

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Picking a favorite is hard to say. On the river, Lake Pepin, my first crank I pull is a firetiger, with blue, crawdad and variations of the craw pattern in a close second. Regular old chartruese is also a good color down there at times.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Clear Water – Black/Silver, Blue Silver, Clown, Perch.

Stained – firetiger, craw, texas red, gold black.

To imitate those ‘bees I would think a black/silver or blue/ silver would be hard to beat.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Tony,

My best starter colors are always firetiger colors of some pattern. This has been my best color day in and day out for both lakes or rivers when trying to establish a pattern. Even with lots of tulibee present, its still a good color to start things off with. I like chromes and blues in mid day high skies and chartruese colors in the low light periods. I am assuming your body of water has some good water clarity to it if tulibee are present?

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

It does have pretty good water clarity. I am actually goin fishing with those cranks on Lake Vermilion in August. I have selected deep little rippers, little rippers, shad raps, and wally divers as the cranks to use. Any input on that? Thanks

Tony

scottsteil
    Central MN

Exactly what Dee Zee said, that is the exact same pattern I use

Sounds like you are set on Reef Runners. They make several patterns that are deadly. Depending on your water clarity I would look at some of the Blue/Chrome varieties. However, I would never go without running a firetiger variety on one rod for sure. They make several firetiger/perch varieties that work very well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.