How many rods

• b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Im going to fish Wapogasset this weekend, and I just want to make sure Im correct—You can run 3 rods per person right??

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Nobody knows how many rods you can use per person in wisconsin??

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Is there a website that has the info? Maybe search the WI DNR website?

jiggin

the regulations state- it is illegal to fish with more than three hooks,baits,or lures. Everyone I know interpets it as 3 rods, but sometimes I think it depends on the warden.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

This is probably late but Brian, you can operate 3 hooks, which allows the possibility of 3 lines, needing the use of 3 rods. I’ve done it for years, even on the controversial border waters (because I’m a WI resident and have that priviledge). Never been a problem. However, if your fishing goes like mine did Thursday evening, you won’t have time to operate 3 lines! And btw……. a 3 trebled crankbait is considered “1 hook” in the state of WI so “3 hooks still equals 3 lines, necessitating 3 rods.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just tonight I was fishing the Kinni about 10:30. The Park Rangers pulled up to see what I was up too. I told them I was catfishing…They said that the odds would be more favorable if I was using three rods! I told them I was from MN and I’m only allowed two…then they went into the imaginary line down the middle of the Croix…I interupted and told them that if they were the DNR…MN, I would get a ticket…they told me to move to Cheese Country…I agreed.

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

How many can you fish on the river? Does it depend on which state you are from, or doesn’t it matter?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Two rods on Wi/SD border waters.

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

Just curious, but where is this WI/SD border water?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Just curious, but where is this WI/SD border water?

Most of the St. Croix River. The Mississippi river from Prescot WI to the IA border.

Note, if you are a WI resident with a WI fishing license fishing on the WI side of the river you may fish 3 lines.

-Jon J.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I believe the WI/SD border waters include all of the state of MN.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Only if you don’t get caught by some jerks up on Mille Lacs who think they have to turn you in. Let me re-phrase…any border waters MN has with SD or WI, you may use two rods.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.