So much for Justice

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Some of you may remember that a little over a year ago, a federal fisheries boat operater reached down to pull a plug and turned into us destroying my guide boat. According to the estimate our boat was totalled. Well today I got the final Award letter. $0.

The bottom line here is you can’t deal with the federal government without an attorney. After asking,(a parralegal who sounded like he had no idea what he meant by the letter I had just received form him), for what exactly they needed and not being given that info I sent them documentation above and beyond what will be needed in United States District Court, which fortunately is our next option. It took me no less than a week to put together all the information that was sent. One whole package of which they claim they can’t find?????

I sure am proud of the Federal employees that so far have made the ridiculous determinations, and really feel sad for them since obviously their job description is very similar to the advertising on TV that shows the Boss telling the claims adjustor to do everything they can to make sure they defraud the claimant.

The most disgusting thing of all is the driver said right there in front of all of us that he reached down and pulled a plug and turned the boat right into us. I am so proud to have the Genoa Fisheries as one of our neighbors. I actually am not angry at all, just sad that this is how our government treats individuals.

I think my attorney will probably get a little more of their attention, which in itself is a sad state of affairs.

I guess now I also have the option of Civil action against the driver, and the other parties in the boat who were busy talking, none of which, were looking in the direction the boat was going. So obviously their employer,(the United States Government),has no regard for them as employees either.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Lawrence
    Sorry to hear about the boat. I have a similar story as well. My brother was driving down the road (in a residential area in a small town) when the mail truck going the same direction as him (which was stoped at a mail box) decides to make a u turn with out looking. He turned right into the truck and basically totaling the truck. He admitted it was his fault as he did not look before tuning and admitted this on the police report as well. Need less to say my brother never got a dime. the post office had more excusses than I can type. Giving him more and more paperwork to fill out, so much hassel to where the few dollars he was going to get wasnt worth it so he just let it go.

Any way hope things go well for you its a shame things have to be so diffacult.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.