Info wanted, St Croix river north of taylors falls

• staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

I am planning on taking my 2 boys and the wife out for a fishing adventure on saturday and sunday. I live in Amery Wi. and have been fishing for my own bait recently. I have a nice little stockpile of Redtail chubs 3″-8″ long and some monster shiners too. I am wondering if I troll the bottom of the st croix with these that i might get into some walleye. anyone know what kind of fishing I can expect in that area. i have never fished it. I am also thinking about giving lake Wapogassette a try. any info on any hot lakes in my area are appreciated. I also have a Mn fishing licence and am open to some lakes within an hour or so from me.
    I was using shiners on a lindy and on a slip bobber fishing just off the bottom on a little lake near backus, MN a few weeks ago and we were killing the wally’s with shiners in 17 – 20′ of watter. Any info or advice would be great!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

not a lot of walleye up river from the dam… but quite a few big cats.. if you put a big chub down on the bottom Id expect you to pull a cat or maybe a sturgeon… maybe a nice smallie or two…. Id say walleye would be the 4th bet in that crowd….. they are there.. but not common…

staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

Thanks for the info river eyes. I would make the wife never come with us again if I caught a sturgeon. btw those were some very nice photos you have posted. I love it out here. I don’t have any bear in my yard but I have a face to face conversation with my favorite deer “bucky” on occasion. He’s been as close as 5 ft away from me. Kinda cool but kinda spooky too. I won’t be doing that during rut I can gaurantee that!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.