Skeeter Fever

• Minnow1

I had the pleasure of meeting with Justin at Skeeter in Chippewa Falls Saturday. I have Skeeter fever now ! I am curious to hear opinions on whether to trade in or sell outright my current rig. What website or venue would anyone suggest to list my boat?

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Here on Ido and or walleye central also has a good classified ads network

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Minnow nothing against the classifieds here on IDO but I’ve sold every one of my boats on Walleye Central. JMO

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

My last boat sold off of craigslist but, I got a lot of interest off Walleye Central also.

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

All depends on what you have and what the market wants I guess. Any dealer will always hold back some, they have too in order to make a dollar when they go to sell.

I sold my 2005 Crestliner in 1 day last spring two weeks before opener. Did better than if I had traded or at least better than the offers I had at the time. Craigslist is what I tried first.

GlennRengo
    Maple Grove, MN

I’d sell the rig out right. Get your ad ready and put it on Walleye Central, Walleye’s First, and Craig’s list right before or after the Minneapolis Boat Show. I’ve sold a couple boats on Walleye’s First and their price is less than WC, plus your boat ad stays up until it sells. Whereas at WC you pay for a certain amount of weeks and your picture(s)and of course Craig’s List is free, but you gotta put up with the typical CL BS. I had my current Skeeter MX1825 for sale on WC and had some interest but most of my potential buyers have been coming from the Walleye’s 1st ad as it is still up and the WC ad expired. The boat is still for sale, not sure what your looking for.

justin_rowe
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for stopping over Marc! Definitley try to list your boat first. Might be able to capture a couple more $$ that way. You will always have a guaranteed offer from the dealership to fall back on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.