Vexilar Flasher Transducers

• tmackenthun
    Webster, MN

For those running Vexilar Flashers for MN walleye fishing (primarily the FL-18)are you using the 12degree or the dual beam 9/19 degree? If using the dual, is the switchbox an issue. Thanks-

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Welcome to IDA I’m using the 12. Good all around ducer for fishing deep or shallow.

tmackenthun
    Webster, MN

Thanks Derek! If you run more than one sonar at a time (i.e. flasher and LCD)do have issues with the cones overlapping and causing problems? In the past my Lowrance 15MT has had problems when I’ve switched my LCD on on the bow. Lowrance has responded with you can’t overlap cone angles which happens at depths usually greater than 20ft. Any advice appreciated-

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

If the KHZ are the same or close to the same, you will get some noise in deep water as the cones get larger and cross each other. I run a Vexilar Edge on my dash which runs at a KHZ of 107 and 400. My FL-18 runs at 200 so there is no noise issues at any depths for me. If your ducer for the 15MT is mounted on the transom and bow LCD ducer is mounted on the trolling motor and your getting noise, you must be fishing some deep water. You may be able to get around this problem if your using an FL-18 with the IR feature. The FL-18 has 10 IR settings, keep pushing the buttons until the noise goes away on your 15MT. If that doesnt work, try manually adjusting the 15MT. Run it on the 50KHZ beam if you can.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’m using a LX3 flasher, which has a 20, I tell you in any current, or boat movement I’m glad I have the 20, my bait will still drift off screen quite a bit. Personally I go with the combo, but I have heard some issues with the switch, but I can’t remember any specifics, nothing anyways that would stop me from doing it, in which case I’d would’ve remembered….

I had the FL-18, I bought an LX3 too, I sold the Fl-18, yeah the colors are a bit easier to read on the FL-18, but a couple hours using the Marcum it’s a non-issue. I seen fish (really tight on the bottom) on the marcum I could not see with the FL-18… That being said, I know I wouldn’t be unhappy with either unit.

I do have some issues with running my lowrance X51 with my flasher, I’ve tried all interference reducition setting, but it still have some signal issues, nothing that can’t be dealt with, but normally I turn the X51 off, heck when I’m sitting on a spot it doesn’t really do anything anyways.

Flashers rock

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.