Fish Marinades

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

As i’m preparing some fish here, I was just curious if any of you guys marinade your fish and if so, with what? I know my venison marinades turn out great, just seein’ what’s out there for fish..

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I don’t marinade fish but I’d stay away from acid based marinades. Lemon juice, lime juice, vinegar and such unless it is used only for a few minutes and not an overnight thing.

Just thinking outloud but how about a shot of lime, garlic, cilantro, cracked pepper and salt might be good

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Soak them in Milk overnight.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Well Kevin you nailed my marinade. I mix those ingridents togehter place over the fish and let it soak for about 1/2 hour, while the grill warms up. Slap a piece of tin foil on the grill with a little butter, 3-5 minutes a side and you have one tasty piece of fish that will fall apart. And its a little more healthy than deep fried.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I generally deep fry my walleye. I eat the breading and toss the fillet to the dog.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I took a recipe out of the latest in-fisherman that was different and good. It called for broiling the fillets in a combo of wine/water then serving with salsa. It was good and a neat summer time recipe. I would do it again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.