wood?

• levibruce
    Verndale, mn

Making duck calls wondering if someone may have scrap wood from a project they would be willing to sell preferrably hardwood

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

what kind of dimensions you need?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

What species?

onestout
    Hudson, WI

CMON…Who out there has WOOD????

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

If you live in an area where its not a long drive to a local custom cabinet making company, give them a try, they work with all kinds of kiln dried wood and they will probably give you some scraps for free, thats the first place Id try, next would be the local lumber yard, they usually custom cut lengths and more then likely have cutoffs.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

What size, how much, I have Oak, Birds eye maple, Butternut, Teak, Cherry, lots of choices.

buck-slayer

Quote:

Hopefully later

desperado

Quote:

preferrably hard-wood at that

BBKK
    IA

levibruce needs hard wood… someone out there has to have hard wood to give him.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

What size, how much, I have Oak, Birds eye maple, Butternut, Teak, Cherry, lots of choices.

Waste birds eye on a duck call!!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Waste birds eye on a duck call!!

It would make expensive calls, this is 45 plus year old maple from the UP.

My dad logged up there back in the 60s and the show was so deep that the stumps that were left had a good chunk of wood left on them, they cut the stumps off in the spring and kept some of them, would make some really nice gun stocks!

The ends were sealed to prevent cracking, found it up in the attic this fall when cleaning it out. Not a lot of it but it sure is beautiful wood, almost threw it out until I got it out in the sunlight and saw what it was!!!

jakefroyum

Might as well use it on something. Everyone has something they hang on to with good intentions. I have a 4’x6’x10’stack of hardwood boards in the shed. Mostly oak and walnut that just sits there and I always have good intentions of using it on something good someday. Heck, I probably have the only chicken pen and rabbit boxes made out of walnut and scrap 2x4s. I didn’t want to buy any wood when I had that stuff just sitting there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.