Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Cool picture of the sunset just after a rain shower on Mille Lacs Lake

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ahhhhhhh. Thanks for sharing Bob!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Ahhhhh…… yes….. only 2 days to go! See ya soon!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Bobber,

We were just coming off the water last night up there and I snapped the exact same sunset picture that you took!
    Gorgeous sunset last night.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Here’s another to go with the theme of “pictures taken last night”.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Picture I took driving by Mud Lake on the way to Red Wing this morning.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Nice shots guys… guess I will join in too…. summer is a great time to get some great sunset shots…… this was taken on some pheasants forever land near here…..

fishinfool
    mn

Great shot Zimmy. Even worked as my new screensaver. Sorry guys but his loaded the best for my computer. FISHINFOOL

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

I’ll join in too.

Not the best, but goes with the fishing theme.

Leech Lake

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

What do you mean “not the best”? That shot is incredible! All the colors and lines…….. that scene will likely never be viewed again in our lifetimes! It’s AWESOME that you were able to capture that moment!

To all the guys……. great pics! Let’s see some more!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Still, I think he meant “not the best” because his rod wasn’t bent over.

That is an awesome picture! They are all great!

The only thing bad about sunsets is that it means the end of a day and they only last a short while…I guess if the lasted all day, we would treat them like a regular day and take them for granted…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

these sunset shots are all very good… heck they could be posted on a photography forum and fit in well….(once you guys rotated your horizons just a smidge to make them level! )….
    One big tip for sunrise and sunset shots is often the best color comes when the sun is just below the horizon… its much harder to get a great shot when the sun is above the horizon because its power usually “burns” out a major part of the shot… (and yet Bobber seems to get away with it somehow! amazing! and good work….)

customrodfan
    Twin Cities

Here’s a picture of the docks at Everts the Friday before the IDA tourney. Right after a storm blew through.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I agree with you Rivereyes! I was hoping my pic would turn out a little better than that but I wanted to capture the moment where the sun was being blocked by that cloud. As it turns out, the flare above it was still strong enough to make it look like the sun was still above that cloud a little bit. With the clouds moving in, the yellow flare above and the orangish sunbeams below, I had to try and capture that.

Anyone catch the sunrise this morning? I really should have pulled over and got the camera out but wow……… spectacular sunrise today!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Here’s the best one I’ve taken. Musky fishing on Lake of the Woods last October.

John

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Hi John…
    nice use of the foreground by putting someone in there! great job…

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Thanks, guys. I was on my way to the next fishing spot when that sunset peaked… I stopped the boat and told my buddy he had to start casting in the middle of nowhere. Pretty funny, but made for a nice picture.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Got some pics back from Florida…Here are few sunsets..not the greatest quality, but you can imagine how nice it was

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.