Back from Vacation

• cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Well, here I am back from vacation. Fishing on the Mississippi (again) was soooooo awesome!!! We spent Most of Monday fishing the Hubbards Float and caught nothing – but sunburn. It still was very nice, the weather was great, the wildlife was great and it was fun talking with the couple running the float. Tuesday we did some morning sightseeing and then went fishing on the pier at Cold Springs. The water was over the pier and so we had to fish in our bare feet and pants rolled up but had a killer bluegill day. The biggest one I caught was 12inches long and weight 2 lbs. Wed., we rented a fishing boat on Onalaska and spent the day fishing area’s here and there, this day was also a killer bluegill day. Thursday we did some more morning sightseeing and then spent the afternoon shore fishing at Lock and Dam 8. I caught my first ever walleye, flathead cat, and sheepshead. I had the time of my life up on the Mississippi and would move there in a heart beat. It was very sad to leave there Friday Oh well, there is always next year. Thanks to everyone for all the help with idea’s for shore fishing. We checked out what we could, but due to all the flooding, some did not pan out. Hope to have some pic’s posted this weekend for everyone.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

That’s a big gill!! Do you have a picture?

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Quote:

That’s a big gill!! Do you have a picture?

Yes. as soon as I can get them scanned, that day, by the time we got to fishing at Cold Springs, the digital camera was full and so had to take pic’s with a plain camera. Just so you all know, that bluegill (and all the bluegills caught that day) was returned for someone else to relish.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

Just so you all know, that bluegill (and all the bluegills caught that day) was returned for someone else to relish.

Anyone ever try mixing their relish with thousand island dressing, or does everyone just use mayo?

herb
    6ft under

I’ll try:
    mayo relish it before someone else beats yo to it.
    I know, very lame

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

isnt 2lbs the state record????

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The Minnesota State record is listed as 2 lbs 13 ounces.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

The Minnesota State record is listed as 2 lbs 13 ounces

Is that real mayo or Mirical Whip?

herb
    6ft under

Jon, not that I plan to break it, but do you know what the Wi. record gill is.
    Briank, real mayo is too bland. Tangy M-W for me please.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Wisconsin State Record Bluegill is listed as 2 lbs 9.8 ounces.

-J.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.