Job transfer?!

• levigeorge
    NW Illinois

O.K. – so it is a real possibility that my job could transfer me to the Menomonie, WI area. What insights can you give me if our desire is to live near or on water – with acreage – within a 30 to 40 minute drive of Menomonie? Fishing for walleye is already our past-time. Just returned from our family walleye vacation trip to Lake City/Lake Pepin… where the walleye were biting, the rain was falling and the anchor rope saw double-time in the room as a clothesline.

Any insights you can give would be appreciated.

Don Hanson

Lake Menomin is located right on the city of Menomonie. It is a good multi species lake but fishing pressure and poachers have put a decline on the walleye population. Tainter Lake is located just a few miles from town and is also a good multi species lake. The two lakes are connected by the Red Cedar river. You also have the Chippewa river and Lake Wissota close by. 45 minutes drive time will put you on Lake Pepin or the St Croix.
    Lake Menomin is a little over a 1000 acres and Tainter is 1700 acres. Just holler if you have more questions, Don

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.