yep………I’m a wreck at work…….

• gary_wellman
    South Metro

It is a good thing I work commission, because my boss would probably string me up!!!!

I’m leaving tomorrow morning for LOTW for a week of musky fishing. My mind is mush!!! I can’t think of anything else right now, except chasing them silly fish!!!

I’ll be on the road in 18 hours, 19 minutes, & 15 seconds!!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I feel the same way everyday at work

stuart
    Mn.

Good luck Gary!I hope you hook into one thats so big it gets your knees a knocking!!

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I’m retired and its the best job I ever had. Everyday is Saturday and I can fish when everybody else is at work and the fish are always biting. Life is great –

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Stu;

My primary problem chasing these big pigs is stage fright!!!

Every time I get a big tuna following to the boat………It never fails………….At the top of my lungs, you hear me say: “HOLY CRAP, LOOK AT THAT FISH!!!!!!!!!!!”

Yep, it is at that same momement, that I quit cranking the reel and just freeze and stare aimlessly into deep water. You know the stare………it is the same one that your lab does, just before he jumps in the water, trying to build his confidence………

Then, you get that instant reaction to “FIGURE 8”. So, what does a guy do, he thrashes his pole around in the water, like he is whipping up eggs for a fish fry………

Then, after you scared the fish into the next country as she is swimming for her life, because you almost clobbered her with your rod………….you light up about 20 cigarettes, suck down 5 devils brew, yell at yourself, sit and shake for another 5 minutes……then blast 1000 cast to the exact same spot for the next 10 hours………….of course, by this time, NOTHING is within 5 miles…………

Never fails…………..

I sure do love these fish!!!!!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

That’s hilarious! Guilty as described!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

After reading all that, I think i’ll just keep trolling for them!

Good luck on vacation!!!

I’m off all next week too!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

TROLLING!!! That only takes place when you want to take power naps!!!!

That never works either, because I generally take my naps on the back deck. Then, when the drag starts screaming, you are scrambling on your hands and knees to get to the rod. Once you fumble around, trying to get the rod out of the holder for 5 mintues, as your buddy is yelling vulgarities at ya for being a no-talent, uncordinated idiot……What do you do????????? Put your back into it and set that hook hard (still groogy eyed) while trolling 5mph (ouch!!!)

Or better yet, you are so alert, that when you are trolling @ 5mph, at the helm……….And the rod right next to you starts screaming out line. Instant reaction?????? Just reach over with one hand and pick it up!!!!! Although, this isn’t a big deal if you have an average fish on. But it hurts the shoulder like Hades, if it happens to be a 30 pounder and decides to turn and run the other way……..Kinda rips your arm behind your body………

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.