Questions about buying Guide Service on Pool 4

• fishandski
    Lakeville

I am thinking about buying my Dad(and myself) a guided trip for walleye/smallmouth for a Fathers Day present. I went to movingwaters.net and found some info, but was wondering how many you can put in the boat. The price is a little higher than what the “family price limit” for gifts is set at so I was wondering if a buddy or two could come too to cut the cost a little. Any information would be appreciated from any guide out there.

Sorry for the short notice but it just came to me as a possible gift idea.

fishandski…

jhall
    Lake City, MN

I would try riverfan. Unmatched experience and a great guy! Dont remember his website but im sure someone around here has it.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

To be honest,
    I would highly recommend hiring James or Dustin. I have been on 2 guiding trips with James. He put us on fish and taught us how to find them. Last trip with James, I brought my dad. My dad is 79 years old. James gave him 100% of his time. Mostly, we caught fish all day, on the same spot where 10 other “good” fisherman came and went and only pulled up one or two fish. We boated 30 walleyes.

James and Dustin are class act guides. I had the pleasure of having a few after hour beverages with both of them after the first guided trip. They are great guys.

If you want to catch fish on the river, these are the two “go to” guys.

If you want, pm me and I can give you my number and we can talk over the phone.

I was the type that would rather give up fishing, then hire a guide for local waters. I considered it an insult to myself. Man, was I wrong. I was really wrong. James taught me how and where to fish the river in one day, that would of taken me 30 consecutive trips to learn only maybe half.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

As a guide myself I can only comment on guides that I have hired myself or personal friends have. I have gone out on Pool 4 several times with James and he is truly a “Guide’s Guide”. He knows every inch of Pool 4 and is an excellent communicator and teacher of fishing tactics.
    Dustin has fished Pool 4 since he was a kid and his excellent reports and numbers of large Walleye caught speak for themselves.
    There are many excellent guides that cover Pool 4 and I would be remiss to only mention a few…I took a fall trip with Jarad Fleukeiger( River Guiding) and had a fabulous trip! so ask for some references and see what kind of experience that had. For what it’s worth Moving Water’s rates are very reasonable compared to guided trip rates around the Midwest. I will only take two clients in my 1750 Crestliner. Moving Waters may take three in their 1850 Tournament Model.
    I hope this was helpful. Good Fishing!

fishandski
    Lakeville

Thanks for the info…I decided to get him a different gift…Maybe someday I will pull the trigger and get a guide to show me pool 4 but as one poster said, it is hard to spend the money when I myself have a boat and should be able to find some fish…(probably not like a guide) but half the fun is the learning process.

Thanks,

fishandski….

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I agree 100%…especially when you live relatively close to pool #4. Keep tuning in to this website, you will get tons of priceless info. I wish I was closer than 300 miles What a wonderful fishery!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.