GNATS!!!!!!!!

• herb
    6ft under

Dadgummit, my eyes are so swollen from gnat bites I can hardly pee–oops–zee–oops. Cee what I meen?
    Come on winter.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Gnats………high water……….what more reason do you need to move nort? By the way, the beer tastes better up here too.

emover
    Malcom, IA

I hear ya Herb, I was out on Sny McGill chasing trout on Saturday and was choking on the !@#$% things. When we got back to the car, I found one of the folks in our party had a rag and some pure vanilla, I was amazed to find just a dab of the stuff really made a big difference.

2rivers

Absorbine Jr., the liniment. 2 or 3 dabs on your hat. Works.

StaleMackrel

Hi, I think you will benefit from this message. I trout fish and about 15 years ago I was fishing Garvin Brook and catching a lot of fish but the gnats were ferocious! I bought a mosquito head gear. My neighbor, who is an avid golfer, said, “buy some Avon “Skin So Soft”! I did and the gnats never even bothered me again!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m gonna have to try this. I was just outside doing my best impression of king of the hill, and my neighbor and I got run off by those little son of a guns. Now I’m in the house, when I could be outside drinking beer.

yoda840
    Western North Carolina

I second Skin-so-Soft … I put it on my hat cause I hate that greasy feeling on my skin.
    barry

herb
    6ft under

I think I’ll just stay in the house, drink beer till the frost comes. Any better ideas?
    Didn’t think so.

herb
    6ft under

I use the skin-so-soft too, and it works pretty good. But when I get in the shade the mosquitoes feast on me and my skin-so-soft soaked head. I heard scented dryer sheets work on both those buggers. Think I’ll glue a bunch of em to my clothes tomorrow and see how it goes.
    If you don’t hear from me in a day or so please send the blood mobile. I’ll likely be making a withdrawl.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Make sure you guys are using the REAL AVON stuff. OFF and some other off the wall brand have their “sistering” Skin So Soft products and they don’t work nearly as well as the real deal. I’ve never had to use the stuff myself but I watched a group of people on Winnebago a couple of years ago get eaten alive…….. all but this one lady. She was fine and wearing shorts and a tank right at sundown. She explained her secret and I’m passing it on.

MY secret is to simply never take a bath. The flies hang with you enough that they eat or scare off all the other critters! At sunset, the bats usually come in for the flies just in time to switch over to the skeetos and gnats. It all works out! No, I’m not the social attraction at any community event but heck, I’m a fisherman and we’re not famous for hangin’ in large numbers…….. ‘less’n it’s an expo!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.