White Boats

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Hey Guys, Just a quick question. I’m looking at new Bass Boats, and was thinking of getting white for the color.

My question: Is it more difficult to keep clean? For example, do you get that noticable scum line on the outsides?

I’m sure you guys clean them well, but am curious. JC, Champman, i know you guys have white boats….Does it get really dirty?

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I have red with a black hull, and it gets, and is, really dirty!!!

g3angler
    cottage grove, mn

I have a midnight blue and that doesn’t show to bad, my old boat was white and it was not to bad just keep a good wax job on the boat.

JoJo
    Inactive
    Eden Prairie

We have a white boat.

Only good thing about white is you’ll always know where you’ve missed a spot after wipe down.

Jo

AdamJohnson
    Brainerd, MN.

White is a great color for a hull. You do tend to get a scum line, especially when you fish in scummy water, but it cleans up pretty easily. Most of the time you can buff it off with one of those cheap electric car buffers.

Plus, if you get a chip in a white hull, it is much easier and much cheaper to fix it. You can even buy kits to do the repair yourself.

Good luck on finding a new boat! P.S. If you, or anyone else, is in the market for a 2004 Skeeter ZX250 available this fall, PM me.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

You do get a very noticable scum line but when they are clean they look great. If I can give you any advice, just wipe it down while the boat is still wet before you leave the launch-very simple and quick. Like they said above about the bottom, white dosent show the chips like black does either. I just got a dandy the other night coming up on a flodded bank, couldnt see it but I could feel it- Ouch!

JHall

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Stick with aluminum and never worry about it!

Good luck in your quest. I guess this means your old motor is dead.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

It’s getting fixed as we type. New block Should run good when done…but i’m still gonna sell and buy new.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

You do get a very noticable scum line but when they are clean they look great.

Slop Bass? I notice you changed your mug shot…were you getting tired of that noticable scum line?

Great picture I might add. I saw it the other day when you posted it. Unfortunatly I didn’t have time to edit it to say “Bass make great bait” MN Catfishing Assosiation”….but I thought about it!

Nice fish too!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Bk…always the opportunist…lol…..Wait til I post pics of my Cat-ka-bobs..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Gotta take ’em when i can!

Those cat-ka-bobs aught to be good…they’re made up of 95% bass…ok, I’ll be nice now…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.