AAAAAaaaaaaaa

• TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

Not sure if this is legal to do on this site or not. If not, please let me know, and I will get it off.

I am not begging. Ok, maybe I am just a little. Any one looking for a computer guy please let me know, and I will shoot you my resume. Looking for job for anything in the range of Desktop support to SQL Database administration, Not real fussy, just need to get out of here.

Thanks
    Troy

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Things pretty bad at the ‘ol salt mine, eh? I wish you luck in your search and you never know, somebody might see this. I do applaud your willingness to make the change and get out of a situation that obviously doesn’t make you happy. Far too many folks are too afraid to make a move, no matter how miserable they get at work.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Troy,
    If you could send me your resume, I have been a recruiter for the last 7-8 years, and know quite a few people who are still in the technical field. I would be willing to forward your resume to them if they have anything for you. You can send it to me at [email protected] if you’d like. I will make sure they forward your resume to any company before they check with you.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Now is that cool or what?!

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

That is awesome! I have sent it to you. Thanks for your help

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I got it, and will contact a few friends for you.
    Good luck!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Too bad you’re not looking to run a GREAT restaurant!

I hope this is legal?!

jwellsy

BrainK, trying to help out your pepsi stock?

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Hey James, Maybe they could get you a real job. Instead of the reel job you have now.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Please send me your resume. I may have a position opening in the next few weeks. PC Support, entry level job. Email me at [email protected] to discuss offline.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Big Quail Dude,

If I get a “real” job then this place would go away. Not a chance of that happening. Plus I like me “reel” job even if the pay stinks and the hours are horible. It’s the benefits package that keeps me going.

Quote:

Hey James, Maybe they could get you a real job. Instead of the reel job you have now.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

BrainK, trying to help out your pepsi stock?

YUM! has “spun off” from Pepsi 4 years ago…trying to help MY stock! Check out YUM (symbol)

jwellsy

Brian, that’s pretty interesting. This is the first I’ve ever heard of this “Yum” multibrand stores. The town I live in is begging for a Taco Bell, we have 3 pizza places, Arbeys, McD’s, a steakhouse, oriental, a greek gyro place, 2 subways, and a couple of breakfast places.
    But, no mexican food. A Taco Bell would have to go over great here. If someone wanted to put one in here, I know someone that would probably run it.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Sorry jwellsy…… I’m just gigglin’ to myself…….. thinking about Taco Bell being Mexican food! I just got back from Mexico and I have to wonder if our versions of Mexican food is as distasteful as much as much of their “American” food is in Mexico? I thought I was in for familiar food when I stopped at a McDonalds in Chechumal and the fries were the only thing that was even remotely close! Burgers were dry and bland….. really lacking in that good greasy content… and I thought, “How can you screw up a strawberry sundae?”. The vanilla had a strong butterscotch overtone and I don’t know what they were passing off as strawberries but they weren’t very red anymore and not too sweet either. I looked around and the kids were eating this up like it was heaven! Yeeesh!

Anyway, once I got into TRUE Mexican food, I’ve come to the conclusion that Briank needs to dump Taco Bell and go import some of those Mexican entrepreneurs! I say this with all sincerety…….. We don’t have GOOD Mexican food here in the states…….at least not in the metro area. I can’t believe what we pass off as refried beans! No wonder all the foreigners hang out at McDonalds! Nothing (where I’ve been) tastes like home and it’s gotta be the same for them.

Sorry about the tangent…… but Taco Bell/Mexican food…. you hit my funny bone on that one.

Oh yeah……. I do eat the stuff…. it just doesn’t do “the border” justice.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

So true Kid…if you want good mexican food…it’s just a hop, skip and a jump to Chicago. Closest place I’ve found.

But with Taco Bell being so popular…even with Hispanics it’s easy to think of it as Mexican…the advertising kinda promotes that thought…(still miss the dog)

I wish we would place stores in outlying areas. But our Company stores are all in metro areas. Our franchisees do well in the “rural” areas.

Ken, have you tried any of the new “Itailian” Pizza Hut products lately?

jwellsy

Kid, ain’t that the truth!
    I lived in San Diego for about 5 years and went to Mexico alot.
    One of our breakfast houses’ has several mexican cooks,
    they put like 3 or 4 dishes on their menue,
    and damn they have the best Carnie Asada around
    very similar to what you get there.
    Ya gotta love that.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Stillakid2, there is a great little Mexican joint in Hastings called Los Margritas. 61 S next to Applebees. Dang good chow, opened about a year ago. Let me know if you want to go, I’m always up for it.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’d be willing to try it! Never know when someone might nail it on the head! I’ll send you a pm when I wanna hit it!

standaniel
    Bloomington

Hi Guys,
    I’ve eaten arroz y frijoles in Mexico, so maybe I can recommend 2 places here in our Pools 2, 3 & 4 area. Try the Mexican place in Red Wing, just a block or so west of the McDonalds. Can’t remember the name of it, but they have lunch specials at very reasonable prices. And, they don’t call you “you guys,” but, “amigos.”
    Also, El Burrito Mercado in West St. Paul is highly recommended.
    Good eating, Swede [No, I don’t eat lutefisk!]

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

How did my lutefisk get involved in this thread?

Good luck in the job hunt.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Try the Mexican place in Red Wing, just a block or so west of the McDonalds. Can’t remember the name of it, but they have lunch specials at very reasonable prices. And, they don’t call you “you guys,” but, “amigos.”

That place is called Fiesta Mexicana. They have great food.

Gator Hunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Putz? Wasn’t it you that told me “Never trust a Swede that doesn’t eat Lute?”

Quote:

[No, I don’t eat lutefisk!]

standaniel
    Bloomington

Gentlemen,
    Let’s get this straight. Norwegians eat Lutefisk. Swedes eat Lutfisk and sörstromming. ForstÃ¥r ni mig?

Happy Father’s Day! Swede

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Now I’m lost!!

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

How did we get here on this thread?

Swede’s got me too. I think he is talking about trolling for loose Turkish women using meatballs for bait. Snucker Norsk?

standaniel
    Bloomington

Jeg snakker Norsk. Men du?
    What a great thread. Starts off with a guy wanting a job, passes through Tex-Mex food, and it ends up with a Swede chasing Turkish women? At least I hope it ends here.
    Swede

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Nein snakker Norsk. Just heard a lot of it at my maternal grandparents house as with German at my paternal grandparents. Now I just eat lutefisk and sauerkraut but not at the same time.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Swede, It could be worse, it could have ended with Ole and Lena jokes…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.