Ford EcoBoost

• big_g
    Isle, MN

Not sure. We are suppose to be getting our first one this fall… I will report what I find out

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Not sure. We are suppose to be getting our first one this fall… I will report what I find out

Does it get to be your Demo vehicle?

FDR

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

I just got a smoking deal on a 2005 Silverado Quad Cab from my father in law Gas mileage – so far not too impressed, looks like I will get around 14 no matter what.

What engine, axle ratio, and highway speed?

bigpike

Quote:

Quote:

I just got a smoking deal on a 2005 Silverado Quad Cab from my father in law Gas mileage – so far not too impressed, looks like I will get around 14 no matter what.

What engine, axle ratio, and highway speed?

5.3 Vortec, 3.42 Axle ratio. I drive the speed limit so 55/65 depending on the limit. I’ll tell you one thing, I couldn’t even tell I was pulling my boat on that tank of gas

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I have a 2012 Ra 1500 with the 4.7. I get almost 21 highway, and 15-16 all around. I have the quad cab with the 6.5 box. I guess if I were hauling around 4 6’5″ men every day, I’d go for a little bigger cab, but I have 4 doors, good mileage, the 6.5 box and spent about $12K less than the ecoboost.

Nothing wrong with the ecoboost, but it wasn’t worth 12K more to me.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

5.3 Vortec, 3.42 Axle ratio. I drive the speed limit so 55/65 depending on the limit. I’ll tell you one thing, I couldn’t even tell I was pulling my boat on that tank of gas

If you are only getting 14 on the highway, are you loaded or empty?

bigpike

First tank was pulling, second tank was town driving, I have yet to drive empty highway. The electronic monitor sets the overall truck mileage at 14.1 so I am gonna say highway will be close to that also…

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Back to the eco owners….

What gearing did you go with? It looks like the ’13s offer the e-lock diff in the 3.31 now. Most say the mileage isn’t noticeable between the 3.31 and 3.55, but what about pulling 4-5000 lbs?
    If you’re worried about the turbos, you might want to check Morries in Buffalo. They are offering a lifetime powertrain warranty to the original owner. Not sure what the stipulations are though.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Consumer Reports testing showed the Eco boost and Ford v8 got the same gas mileage. How is that “eco”?

I just bought another Ram 1500 hemi. This time with 8-speed and 3.92 gears. Tows my 20′ Skeeter like nothing and gets 14mpg at 68mph. Puts you back in your seat when it’s time to pass without the need for turbos…

bigpike

Quote:

Consumer Reports testing showed the Eco boost and Ford v8 got the same gas mileage. How is that “eco”?”

I think that’s were the “boost” comes in, economy with power

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Yeah but it’s only a v6 I don’t get it.

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Traded my 2012 Tundra for a 2013 F150 with ecoboost. I’m averaging 17 or so mixed right now with 15000 miles on it. Had my intercooler replaced under warranty. The f150 is terrible in the snow, even though I put Michelin A/T 2’s on it. I wish I would have kept my Tundra. The extra couple mpg’s wasn’t worth the cost difference. Will, the “new” Tundra will be available in September. You might want to hold out and see if they will be offering the crew cab with a 6.5″ box.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Don’t forget that Ford is coming out with a new truck next year too.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

2013 Silverado 1500 4×4 pulling my MX1825 13.5 to 14.5pg. The wife running all over average is 16 to 17. On a plain trip it was 20.5 mpg. Only have 4500 miles on it so far. Beats my 2500HD that only gets 10.5 pulling the boat.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I have 20k on mine with no issues. I would disagree with the snow. It is the tires. Those are highway tires. I average 19.1 with a mix of city and highway. I have pulled 8500lbs with mine for 6 hours at 60-65 with 16 mpg. Which is much better than what I used to have.

Will, it does have enough room for a car seat I know I have one on the way too.

Chevy’s are nice too, I like what I got for the price I paid. I did get an off road truck package though. It has different shocks, skids plates, different locking diff range and a different intercooler, transcooler, and I am sure other things. It was extra but I feel worth it for what I do.

Very smooth riding truck and good mileage for what it is.

I am happy with it.

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Quote:

I have 20k on mine with no issues. I would disagree with the snow. It is the tires. Those are highway tires. I average 19.1 with a mix of city and highway. I have pulled 8500lbs with mine for 6 hours at 60-65 with 16 mpg. Which is much better than what I used to have.

Chevy’s are nice too, I like what I got for the price I paid. I did get an off road truck package though. It has different shocks, skids plates, different locking diff range and a different intercooler, transcooler, and I am sure other things. It was extra but I feel worth it for what I do.

I am happy with it.

Yes, they are more of a highway tire, but more aggressive then what it came with. I have the FX4 package, the locking differential is nice. But the plastic skid plates are a joke. My 2004 Silverado and my Tundra would drive circles around my F150 in the snow.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

Traded my 2012 Tundra for a 2013 F150 with ecoboost. I’m averaging 17 or so mixed right now with 15000 miles on it. Had my intercooler replaced under warranty. The f150 is terrible in the snow, even though I put Michelin A/T 2’s on it. I wish I would have kept my Tundra. The extra couple mpg’s wasn’t worth the cost difference. Will, the “new” Tundra will be available in September. You might want to hold out and see if they will be offering the crew cab with a 6.5″ box.

Thanks Trav. I was really interested in a Tundra as I have several friends with Tundras and they LOVE them so talked with the local Toyota dealer and they didn’t know if they were going to have a 6.5′ bed. Since this is the best time of year for incentives and I’m looking to get something soon I’m most likely going to go with a Ford.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

If you’re worried about the turbos, you might want to check Morries in Buffalo. They are offering a lifetime powertrain warranty to the original owner. Not sure what the stipulations are though.

That’s exactly the type of input I was looking for… Thanks Gixxer!

John Luebker

Quote:

Quote:

2014 dodge 1500 with a diesel! Game over!

Dodges you can here them drink fuel. If your gonna tow goosencks and 5th wheels they got power, but wow do they suck gas everyone I know who has owned a Dodge only owns 1 and then switches.

I have a 2012 ram crew cab, I get 16 city and I have hand calc 20 on highway… Which from what I am reading is about the same as others. I have a friend that bought the ’13 with the 8 speed (i believe) and he is getting better than me in the city (same commute) but I don’t think he sees much better on the highway…

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

I am happy with it.

Exactly the input I was looking for… Thanks John! And if I do pull the trigger (most likely going to happen) I bet it will look nice with a TUCR sticker on the topper

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You’ll need to get a rod rack for the back window.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

You’ll need to get a rod rack for the back window.

For ICE rods ???

tucrs
    NW Metro

Everyone drives the truck differently. I do like it. I went from a Chevy 8.1 that was bad in the snow. Could have been the truck weighed a few extra lbs…

Either one is a good truck. Ford does have some great buys right now.

mike ice

If I had to get a truck now, i’d look at the F150 5.0. Skip the Eco boost if you keep your vehicles a long time.
    If you like the f150’s now wait till the new model comes out defineitly will give the other trucks a run for their money.

Viewing 24 posts - 31 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.