My brief visit to hell

• tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Yesterday didn’t start out too well. In fact I thought the big sleep had come and I had been sentenced to eternal damnation.
    Got up early and headed for Rock river for a little catfishing. Put a few in the boat, but had to wait at the ramp for a solid 20 minutes while some bozo loaded all his gear and finally launched.
    man i was ready for a shower to wash all that catfish bait off! Got in the shower, soaped up…and lost all water pressure. Water finally came back on after the soap was pretty much dry. Called the plumber and was able to talk him into trading out guide service in exchange for fixing the relay switch on the pressure tank.
    There were two checks in the mail ! And four bills, which of course totalled just a little bit more than the checks.
    The best one was from Dish network satellite, saying I owed them $22.88. When I renewed the service a month ago I wrote ‘delete’ at least FOUR times on one channel we never watch, sending Dish $385.
    Apparently monkeys open billing statements and cash checks.
    Called their toll-free number to get things straightened out. After 15 minutes a Pakistani or maybe a Pilafino came on the line. Explained the situation. She said I needed to mail them 35 cents for use of the channel that I tried to cancel over a month ago. Told her I wasn’t gonna spend 37 cents on a stamp to mail them 35 cents which was do to their mistake.
    Fortunately, this service person came around when I asked to speak to her supervisor.
    My wife has been gone for a week at a family reunion, finally got home last nite. Planned a nice dinner, hoping to set the stage for a little romance. She came home with the flu.
    Only opened one eye this morning, hoping I wasn’t in the movie Groundhog Day. So far so good. Haven’t been outside yet, except for a one minute excursion into mosquitoville to scare away a cat which was eating from a can of tuna placed by the shooting backstop about 50 yds. off the deck. figured feeding this critter tuna was better than watching him eat my pheasants.
    This brazen kitty didn’t scare worth a hoot! maybe the .223 round went a little low. Will check to see if kitty is gone right after this cup of coffee. If I’m not in hell today, might try a little fishin’ later.
    Hope your day is better than mine was yesterday!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

But your not working!!!!!

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

you’re absolutely right! June 2nd marks my third year of retirement from being a professional firefighter. Sort of miss the job…everytime you got a call it was to help somebody having a worse day than you were!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I feel for ya Ted, but my description for a day in hell is calling cable (or satillite) company then have to deal with a cell phone company next. No matter what they say…you will have to deal with it next month anyway…

Up side…….. you got a couple fish AND a shot at a kitty…

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

QUICK Someone find the picture of the free dead cat along the road . hang in there.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well I am not here to rub in your bad day, but I am sitting here in the motel computer room looking at this web site when i should be out shooting prarie dogs with my .223. We have been here since sunday and all it has been is a constant fight with the ol’ lady trying to figure out who is doing what and who is taking the kids. I told her that this was the annual father son(s) hunting trip. oh well, we have went through some ammo the last couple of days. I think i will use this rain day to partake in the hotels swimming pool and drink me some Mikes hard lemonade, maybe that will make something happen.

ha ha ha

shane

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Hey Shane ever try Mikes Hard Tee? Good stuff!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

This story was great in person. We all have days like this Ted and it really sucks. That’s when a cold one taste real good at the end of the day. Better days ahead.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Hey Shane ever try Mikes Hard Tee? Good stuff!!!

nope never tried that stuff, but i have some of the lemonade and the cranberry. that is some good stuff on a hot day. MMMMMMMMM I am thinking that maybe after lunch i will twist the top off another. damn i love being on vacation!! i sure wish that this could be my perminate job!!

shane

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have had the cranberry too, good stuff, try the tea sometime you will like that too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.