St Croix Sunset (pix)

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Ive been doing well on the “photo circuit” lately… I live in a scenic area up here on the St Croix and it turns out there are quite a few cool things to photograph…. even some fairly mundane things look good in the right light… heres the St Croix River right at Osceola.. looking up river first… then down…. (pix taken this weekend at sunset)

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

down river… you might be able to see the landing on the Mn side if you can see in the “dark”

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

OK.. so just where DO I live? Ill give ya a hint… my house would appear in this photo if you had XRAY vision and could see into the trees that are directly under that Lightning…..

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Or I suppose you could ask this little guy… but he dont sit still very often.. and I think he gets pretty crabby if he dont get his sugar buzzzzzzzzz….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

then you could also ask this little feller…. but he actually works for me… for peanuts I might add…..

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

How bout a Roadscape… for those of you who like the open road…. this shot was taken standing right next to the turn to the Osceola Landing, looking towards Minnesota….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

no doubt your getting bored by now….
    so heres a shot of someone who is frequently BORING…..
    hope you enjoy the pix…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks for sharing Ken!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Nice capture of that cloud formation! I was wondering if you were out in that stuff the other night! I wished you would have been with me…….. I can’t even describe it, so I won’t try…. but it was the most unusual “fire sky” I’ve ever seen…. and it was mixed with blue sky in a “painted desert” sort of fashion. If I had the gift of painting, I’d do it! It was spectacular!

Nice grab on the “hummer” too! That’s a pretty rare shot!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

As always Ken, nice pictures. The first shot is just begging for a 4/0 circle hook with cut sucker….

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

As always Ken, nice pictures. The first shot is just begging for a 4/0 circle hook with cut sucker….

Briank…….. use the hooks for fishing, not cutting yourself!

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Picture I took on my trip to Nugget Lake a couple of weeks ago! Fishin was REAL SLOW. Bad storm went thru the night before not helping matters. Ellsworth Lion’s Club was having a kid’s fishing tournament also. I counted 24 boats at one time on the lake too.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

I know this is a fishing board, but I shot a picture from the stands of Cedar Lake Speedway from behind the flagman last Saturday night! Storm just skirted to the east of the track.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Very nice pix Zimmy!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Great pic’s Zimmy! Are those two white lights UFO’s?

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

hmmmmm Zimmy notice the similarity in cloud patterns between your cedar lake shot and my lotus lake shot? they were taken the same night.. and Cedar lake was in the direction I was shooting and not all that far away…. I wonder…….

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Quote:

Great pic’s Zimmy! Are those two white lights UFO’s?

Steve,those lights kind of reminds me of the movie “Encounters of the Third Kind.”

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Quote:

hmmmmm Zimmy notice the similarity in cloud patterns between your cedar lake shot and my lotus lake shot? they were taken the same night.. and Cedar lake was in the direction I was shooting and not all that far away…. I wonder…….

There is a very close resemblance, Ken. What are the odds that both of us took the same cloud formation at about the same time.
    After dark there was quite a lightning show just north of the track also. Spiderweb lightning is what I call it. It just spreads across the clouds just like a spiderweb! Awesome, but hard to photograph!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Hi Zimmy… yep… I was trying to photograph the lightning.. it was very hard to photograph… partly cuz I did not have the right equipment with me… its a pain to have it all in the truck all the time.. but if ya dont you got problems.. I needed my tripod and my cable release… then I could have shot it in bulb and did very well… from your description of what you saw and shot… Im sure we were shooting at the same time.. in the same direction.. you were just a couple of miles closer to the formation….. now thats kind of amazing!

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Great pics. Thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.