Acadia Denali for Towing?

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Currently I’m towing with a 04 F150 w/4.6L engine. Boat is a 21’Ranger Z21, tandem trailer, 225 Etec. I suppose it is about 3,400 lbs full of gas and tackle. Thinking about becoming a one car family and need to find something that I can tow with and use to haul family, grand kids and stuff around in.

Acadia Denali?

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Its good for 5200 lbs of towing, don’t forget towing capacity goes down with the increased weight added inside the vehicle.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It’ll work fine. I’m thinking the Acadia is rated for 5000. A dual axel trailer just tows so much better than a single, so you have a more balanced load that’s easier on the vehicle.

Just be sure you get the full towing package, not just the added hitch. Hi-cap cooling, towing rear end, etc. If it has a self leveling option, go for it. Totally worth it.

I have an Olds Bravada, same as the older previous gen Acadia and for 4 years I’ve been towing a 22 foot express cruiser at just a shade under 5 grand with a full fuel load. The Bravada with the full towing package was rated for 6000 pounds. It pulls very well. Obviously, on big hills and in traffic it runs hotter. The main thing is in the summer, I just had to get myself to slow down. Not that I COULDN’T tow that load at 65, it’s just easier on everthing if I go 60.

As usual what you can tow and what you can safely stop are two different things. Making sure your trailer brakes are properly adjusted and working well is key. On my next trailer, I’m changing over to electric disc brakes right away, no more messing with surge for me.

Grouse

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

I have an Olds Bravada, same as the older previous gen Acadia
    Grouse

Olds never made a vehicle the same as the Acadia. The Olds Bravada is the same as the GMC Envoy.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I have an Olds Bravada, same as the older previous gen Acadia
    Grouse

Olds never made a vehicle the same as the Acadia. The Olds Bravada is the same as the GMC Envoy.

My mistake, you are correct it was the Envoy.

With the self leveling suspension and towing package it’s been an impressive towing vehicle. I’ve towed everthing from boats, to boom lifts, to Bobcats. It won’t win any races while towing, but it gets there and back and I don’t have put up with a full-size vehicle the other 6 days of the week.

Grouse

znak
    Byron, Mn. Rainy Lake

Just took a ranger 620 from Rochester to Rainy with the wives Acadia Denali, no problem going the speed limit and passing people but you ned more time

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

My Chev. Traverse has a towing package on it that is rated for 3500′, it pulls our 16 Alumacraft with 60 HP motor down the road at 65 with no problem.
    It is an all wheel drive it is called.

Just a thought here.

Iowa Roger

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.