Minnesota River Fishing

• minaki
    Mount Pleasant IA

Looking at relocating to Mankato MN. The Minnesota river runs through the area. Any walleye or smallies caught from that river? Can you navigate a boat in the river? Any of the numerous lakes surrounding the city worth looking at?

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

Looking at relocating to Mankato MN. The Minnesota river runs through the area. Any walleye or smallies caught from that river? Can you navigate a boat in the river? Any of the numerous lakes surrounding the city worth looking at?

Not sure about the River for Boats, but plenty of Lakes to the East not far, Lake Washington, German & Jefferson chain.

Try checking with the Bobber Shop is Mankato for Info.
    The Bobber Shop link

They’ve been around a long time, at least since the late 70’s when I went to school there.

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Lots of pretty good lakes in the area. Washington, Madison, Hanska, Elysian, Frances, Tetonka, German, Jeff. They are all pretty decent. Some are better than others for each species though, what kind of fish are you looking for mainly?

The MN is a good walleye bite too, but late fall and early spring are gonna be your best bets down there. Meaning starting at slug season till freeze up in fall or around the opener during spring. You can run it with a boat, but you gotta be careful. When landing in Mankato, it is tough to go very far also unless you have a small boat or jet.

The Blue Earth river is also a good walleye bite, but you are more walking that one or a real small boat or canoe. It usually turns on earlier in the fall than the MN does.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I have done a lot of fishing on the Minnesota river in the mankato area. Best landings are in land of memories park and Judson. No small mouth, but lots of walleyes northerns white bass catfish etc. I mainly fished for the cats.

brad-o
    Mankato

great bass fishing and pike at lake Emily.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.