Fishing addiction?

• nick
    Lakeville, MN

Anyone else?

Can’t sleep even though you are tired, then often times go without sleep? spend a couple hours rearranging yor tackle before the trip next morning, plot you next day out on the water, while launching your boat. This really is a sickness. Having to buy new tackle all the time, even when you know you already have way more than enough? Overfulled tackle boxes that might need a bit of “help” closing from time to time? Gotta fish every inch of water, until you really, really have to get off the water (20 minutes ago). Rarely do I ever eat on a boat, rarely do I ever drink more than a couple ounces of water/pop. The whole prospect of a little from the GF, bothers you because it’s going to cut into the fishing time (not like that’s much of a problem, but still it crosses my mind). Time spendt preplanning and researching you species, and enviroments, lures tactics, finesse tactics. Fishing magazines? Yeah like you could narrow it down to 2 or three, right…. Lets not even talk about the live bait expense, Crawlers, minnows, leeches? Really what if you bough leeches and minnows were the hot bait…. Sure I have my confidence baits tactics and lures, But even if I’m catching fish I still need to switch it up until I find the hottest tactic in the box, which I normally find was the first tactic I used . What about all these new tactics you’ve read about gotta try them too right???

Yeah I’m no fish slayer by any means, I have my days once in a blue moon, Long ago the thrill was in the catching, I’m starting to think there is actually more thrill in the hunting, then catching, atleast on the everyday basis, not to say some really big fish ins’t more exciting. To me one of the best times for me, is when others can’t seem to buy a fish a I found them, then caught them all day, sometimes that’s just enough to make my day….

Man here I sit dreamin’ about fishing, maybe after 2pm…

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

No need to worry my friend. You are just like the rest of us so you are normal. Its everyone else who doesn’t fish thats crazy! You are not alone so join the club. [personally I think its the best addiction there is]
    Thanks, Bill

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

My wife has even commented a few times about how often I fish. She has said “there are worse things he could be addicted to”. I agreed and went fishing.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

There is absolutely nothing relaxing about fishing for me. Never has been.

Now that it is also a business makes it doubly “fun”.

Try keeping all of your reciepts for expenses and totalling them up in early January. Holy crap!!!

I would be cheaper to start drinking. I just about put a hundred dollar bill down every time I fish. I fish 200 days a year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Try keeping all of your reciepts for expenses and totalling them up in early January.

Kevin! That’s the worst thing your could ever suggest to a fisherperson…. What would happen to the economy if a spouse would get a look at the total! Don’t do it guys! You are better off not knowing!

MN-RST-RIDER, You have found your support group. In-Depthaholica’s Anonamous. We are here for you man….and I feel your pain….

To help you start heading toward the right path…Your posts always have to start with…”Hi! I’m MN-RST-RIDER and I’m a fishacohalic”. The only thing I would caution you on is once in a while a well meaning member will give you some bad advice….as in keep a record of your purchaces for a year….I’m glad I caught you in time!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

We’ll I can understand as to why Kevin has to keep his record of the money spent.

As for my I’ll take your road too, and not keep track, I have a number, an idea in my head, and it’s been helping Gander mountain’s stock quite a bit.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Hi..I’m Kevin and I’m a fishaholic.

How many alcoholics can remember how many drinks they had the night before?

How many jigs did you lose today? Do you remember?

You fish until there are no more jigs.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

You fish until there are no more jigs

Then you start looking around on the floor, dump out your tackle box AND below the deck to find another… we all need help…

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Hey man…Can I bum a jig???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.