Farewell to President Reagan

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I came in from working on the boat early last night to watch the procession carrying President Reagan’s casket through Washington D.C. The drums, the empty boots, the Honor Guard, the 21 gun salute, Nancy smoothing the flag all made my eyes kind of misty. I’m not here to argue for anyone’s politics but I would like to tell everyone that if they have a spare moment in the next few days, try to catch some of the ceremonies. I know they made me feel a little more proud to be an American again.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I was listening to “Focus On The Family” last night and they replayed a speech that Ron delivered in 1983. It was amazing! They’re talking about doing more again tonight so if you get a chance around 9:30pm to tune into 98.5 FM (in the cities broadcast area and much of MN), do it. The heart of the man is truly exposed in these replays and he often reminds us of historical wisdom. Last night he quoted Ben Franklin, George Washington, and John Adams.

Anyway……… it was really good stuff and I’d recommend it to anyone as time well spent.

See you on the other side Mr. President! We’ll have dinner together!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I watched from 5 to 7:30 pm. The empty boots sure have a way of gettin’ to ya…..

-J.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

here is a little bit more regan trivia for you. if you own a stetson cowboy hat. look closely to the person getting his horse water with his hat. it is the president himself.

thanks

shane

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.