No Power

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Randy, that looks like an updraft or scud?

As for trees, we have a giant Red Maple in front. It is insane how much abuse that thing takes and doesn’t even lose a leaf. The thing also has a twist and half hollow trunk.

The curse of the pug lives on. Lost a small branch tonight.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

WE got about 2″ of rain here that was in an empty 5 gallon bucket in about an hour and a half. Wind was blowing rain sideways for a few minutes, creek came up about 4′ in about 20 minutes. Sheets of rain blowing sideways, very little lightning and thunder the way the clouds looked. Everyone was driving with head lights on, had too so people could see you.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone see the big fire that towered the trees at about 5 a.m. looked to be in South part of Inver Grove Heights or near the Koch refinery , I could see it form 494 and 61 and also from 94 and HWY 61 in St.Paul. Biggest flames I’ve ever seen. Can’t find nothing on any news sites about it though

I saw the same flames from Empire Township this morning. I agree, it looked like it was coming from the refinery area. I searched right away this morning and couldn’t find anything.

According to an unconfirmed source it was just Koch Refinery doing some testing ????

So I use to work there and I still have buddies there. If you saw it there it was that the refinery was shut down unexpectedly and in result they do controlled burns from some stacks for safety reasons until they can restart the systems and plant in a controlled mannor. They said nothing was really wrong just things resulting from the storm. It sounds like everything is fine now. Back to fishing

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

The power stayed on here but our trampoline flew away… . Our neighbor spotted it two miles away in a corn field… Anybody wanna buy a “gently used ” trampoline?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Is it still on the North side or South side of hwy 8?

Makes a big difference.

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

New Richmond is south of the 8, however “north of hwy 8” is a state of mind… Are you interested in a trampoline?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

No, but I am interested in a lean tramp on a pole.

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Quote:

No, but I am interested in a lean tramp on a pole.

I can arrange that…

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

No power here in Minnetonka since 8\21 at 8pm. Excel is saying maybe power back by the 26th by noon. Fun!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

550k without power on Fri/Sat. That’s HUGE!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Today’s update from Excel Energy for the Mpls/St Paul area:

Important Update about Recent Storms | View Email With Images SM_Connect SM_Facebook SM_Twitter SM_YouTube SM_On SM_Pinterest SM_LinkedIn

The Choice is Yours | My Account with eBill

Sending You an Update about the Storm-related Outages

All available resources, including more than 1,100 workers from 15 different states, are making repairs around the clock to restore service to Xcel Energy customers in Minnesota.

Since early Friday morning, approximately 554,000 customers have experienced an outage and 455,000 have been restored. Restoration for some of the remaining 99,000 customers will take several more days and any additional severe weather could delay repair work. We currently estimate power will be restored to the vast majority of customers by noon Wednesday.
    Top Priority Given to Situations Threatening Public Safety

* Our restoration process gives top priority to situations that threaten public safety, such as live, downed wires.
    * We prioritize our work to restore power to critical services such as hospitals, nursing homes and fire departments.
    * Repairs are then prioritized based on what will restore power to the largest number of customers most quickly.
    * The number of customers affected by an outage will depend on where the cause of the outage occurred.
    * Even if you do not see crews from Xcel Energy or one of our partner utilities in your neighborhood, we are still at work restoring your service as the problem may not be close to your home. In addition, with the amount of trees and limbs down, we have tree clearing crews out in advance of the line crews to remove any branches from the lines.

Repair Service Mast

* If the storm damaged your overhead mast, a pipe-like housing that connects overhead service wires to a home’s meter, you must contact an electrician for repairs before we can reconnect service.

Stay Safe, Away from Downed Power Lines

* Stay away from downed power lines and report their location at 1-800-895-1999. All downed power lines, even if they’re not moving or sparking, are dangerous and should never be approached.

Should I Call to Report My Outage?

* If you have not yet called to report your outage, or if you have called and the power in your neighborhood comes back on and your power is still out, please call 1-800-895-1999.

Updated Information

* Please “like” Xcel Energy’s Facebook page or visit Xcel Energy’s Minnesota Storm Information webpage for more information.

Additional Tips

* Leave one light switch turned on so you’ll know when electricity service has been restored.
    * Turn off other appliances such as the television, refrigerator and range. If they are left on during the outage, there’s a chance of electrical overload when power is restored.
    * Check on your neighbors, especially the elderly.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Xcel Energy

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

The curse of the pug lives on. Lost a small branch tonight.

Make that 2.

Our friend had a power line in his yard.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I was leaving Pierre SD when the shist was hitting the fan on Fri the 21st! Never remember the skys being so densely black that it looked like 9:45 pm at 11:30 am!

We were only just barely staying ahead and or just to the South of this as we headed home. 10 tornado sightings in the SE corner of SD. The storm went through the SE corner of SD, NW corner of IA, South Central MN and into WI. But heck, you guys know that!

I don’t remember when driving for 3 hours could go by so fast as it seemed traveling through South Dakota Friday. It was not fun watching the dirt kick up on both sides of me. Well-acious rain, hail, wind and every thing else that one would think of for 3 hours straight!

Thunder and lighting rolling my way now coming from the SW as I type.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

With recent rains the last couple days the river and local creeks are back up 2′, their cloudy but very fishable. Lightning and thunder from midnight until now and still is but clearing 50 miles west of here.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

That is some serious outage when it takes more than an hour to restore.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We have half power at work. No lights, no air. But thank God they got our workstations running.

Sure is hard to be stealthy looking at IDO when the screen looks like a drive in theater screen.

The pine trees out from are all leaning toward the parking lot, but not quite uprooted yet.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

There were a lot of billboard signs being repaired this AM on my commute in.

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.