No Power

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From Lake St Croix Beach up 18 to I-94 through Hudson WI.

This is the largest power outage I’ve seen in the area in 20 years.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Sitting here at work in the Plymouth with no power. Hope they send us home soon.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Rochester saw a couple waves of weather. The first shortly before 3 was mostly just some rain. That second shot was something. Rain, hail, lightning, thunder, wind wasn’t so bad. I just dumped 1.25″ from the gauge and now we are seeing more rain start up. No power was lost in our neighborhood but about 515 the air temp dropped like 20 degrees so someone got a bunch more hail than I saw.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

We lost power this morning too. We also lost one of our favorite trees in the front yard. What a bummer.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Yet with todays modern technology miracles, we can all still post on IDO.
    There is a God

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

We lost power this morning too. We also lost one of our favorite trees in the front yard. What a bummer.

Wow you guys up north are getting pounded..Be Safe Y’all!

desperado

Quote:

and……..YES the ramps are OPEN!
    (K)

. . . Whew

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It sucks losing nice trees.

hop307
    Northern Todd County

We lost power at about 3am at my house and was still out when I left for work at 7.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

There was no power in Woodbury this a.m. either.

Anyone see the big fire that towered the trees at about 5 a.m. looked to be in South part of Inver Grove Heights or near the Koch refinery , I could see it form 494 and 61 and also from 94 and HWY 61 in St.Paul. Biggest flames I’ve ever seen. Can’t find nothing on any news sites about it though

kooty
    Keymaster

I don’t know when we lost power, but I woke up at 8AM with three little girls snuggling with Dad fast asleep.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I woke up thinking someone put a quarter in our vibrating bed…but we don’t have a vibrating bed.

Dog was shaking.

big_g
    Isle, MN

My neighbor lost 2 about 3′ or 4′ diameter Oaks…. (luckily just branches in my yard) also power lines snapped off here and a new 100 x 60′ pole shed, that they put the perlings on yesterday, is all twisted and sagging this morning Must have been some real wind we got the power back here at work about 8am… sat in the dark the 1st hour

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Its here now…just had a vortex blow by horizontally

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

I don’t know when we lost power, but I woke up at 8AM with three little girls snuggling with Dad fast asleep.

Another one of those priceless “dad” moments.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Quote:

Anyone see the big fire that towered the trees at about 5 a.m. looked to be in South part of Inver Grove Heights or near the Koch refinery , I could see it form 494 and 61 and also from 94 and HWY 61 in St.Paul. Biggest flames I’ve ever seen. Can’t find nothing on any news sites about it though

I saw the same flames from Empire Township this morning. I agree, it looked like it was coming from the refinery area. I searched right away this morning and couldn’t find anything.

jerry b
    western WI

N of Rice Lake, t-boomers started about 9 last nite. Rumbled & rained all night, some pretty heavy with wind. 5er rock’n rolled a bit but nothing serious. Still having showers, no idea how much rain we got, guessing close to an inch. Waiting on the neighbors @ home to tell us if the house is still standing jerr

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Randy, that looks like an updraft or scud?

As for trees, we have a giant Red Maple in front. It is insane how much abuse that thing takes and doesn’t even lose a leaf. The thing also has a twist and half hollow trunk.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

The thing also has a twist and half hollow trunk.

lol….sounds like one of Brian’s legs.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Already? On an early Friday morning…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Just this one Brian. You can have the weekend off.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I slept through the whole thing.. Kinda pissed about that, i like a good thunder boomer every now n then. Woke up to 2 trees in the yard. On the bright side,, i get out of a graduation party tomorrow because I’ll be cutting trees.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

It seemed like a quiet night out in my neck of the woods. I was surprised when I got into Hudson and saw that the power was out and branches everywhere.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Quote:

I saw the same flames from Empire Township this morning. I agree, it looked like it was coming from the refinery area. I searched right away this morning and couldn’t find anything.

According to an unconfirmed source it was just Koch Refinery doing some testing ????

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We’ll find out if local gas spikes in the next few days.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m sure they have several toxic burn off flares down there. Maybe it was one of them.

I guess SD is getting nailed righ now. Should be here about 9oclock tonight.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I heard they do burn off’s too. This was one heck of a burn off though. The flames were towering hundreds of feet in the sky. I bet it was an impressive sight for the workers on site.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I received a notice yesterday evening there was an all clear at the Excel Nuke Plant.

I didn’t even know there was an ALERT at 2 am Thursday morning. Sounds like it was just a chlorine spill and contained but Ellsworth and another school delayed classes for two hours yesterday.

Nothing like finding out after the fact.

kooty
    Keymaster

Looks like my 9PM prediction could be right on the money. The west metro is very, very dark.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.