Lake of the Woods

• minaki
    Mount Pleasant IA

Of all the resorts at Lake of the Woods. Which is the one to go to? I have researched everything on the net but I need the advice of all of you. I will be trailering my boat. Looking at booking a resort around Baudette,

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Birch view has treated me very good, nothing fancy, good price. Lake road lodge has been good to me as well. I know the owners of he both places and they both do a great job.

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve only stayed at Wigwam but I liked it. The cabin is much better than the Lodge rooms though as they are very small…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Adrians…on the water.

amundsonjon
    wi

adrians very nice people and cabins are nice. If you get there newest addition it is very very nice pine interior flatscreen and gas fireplace. Best of luck fishing.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’ve been to Ken-Mar-Ke and Ballards, no complaints on either one. Ken-Mar-Ke your boat is protected from the wind while docked.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’ve gone to Ballards for the last 14 years for soft water. I have no reason to move to anywhere else. I was at Zipple Bay Resort only once for ice fishing and stayed in a sleeper there on the ice.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I really like Zippel Bay Resort. I’ve stayed at several in the area, but I have always been the most comfortable at Zippel.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

River Bend Resort has treated us very well. They also have great food.

Hope this thread was helpful. Everyone seems to have a preference up there and everyone seems to have a bad experience as well.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I stay with Steve Sweet. He has a cabin/house that is back in the bay. He is the next bay to the East from Zipple bay. Very secluded, noone next to you and your boat is the only one at the doc. When you come out of his bay you come right out to the channel markers at pine island. Steve is also a great fisherman and will get you right on the fish whether it is in his guide boat or your boat.

http://sweetsfishing.com/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.