VIRUS PROTECTION QUESTION?

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have Norton anti virus and I also run Zero spyware, I think Zero spyware is from Adaware. I think that the Zero spyware is disabling my Norton Live Update, I have had to reinstall Norton twice now to get live update to work. Anyone else ever run into this problem, any ideas how I can fix this?

walleyejgl
    Minnesota

I’ve actually run into that same problem, I had norton and another spyware program and it would disable my norton. I removed my other spyware and just left norton and it seems to be working fine. I sent a message to Norton asking them if there program is good alone. They responded that Norton should be able to take care of all things if run automaticaly. So maybe that will help you,
    Joel

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

The problem with that is that spyware seems to find alot that norton does not and vise versa.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Steve,
    I feel your pain. I too have had a couple of computers on which NAV didn’t work correctly and had to be re-installed. I found the only cure was to follow the instructions on their website for a clean boot. It is a real hassle, but deleting the unnecessary files, and stopping the services they suggested seemed to help, things would work correctly after a re-install. Good Luck

nick
    Lakeville, MN

There should possibabaly be some way to make to other virus software not touch norton’s through settings or an ignore list.

You can probably use msconfig too (I’m assuming you’re using windows), to re-enable, norton’s, which I suspect could be how the other virus software is doing this. It’s easy enough to use, no reinstallation needed this way.

I have had the same issue with norton’s too, I don’t catch everything trendpccillin was the best virus software I had, with norton’s, IMO.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Ohh and have you heard of or tried spybot, IMO it works better and it’s also free, and good update support.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.